RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: Aussie-Zebra on October 27, 2013, 09:21:50 AM
-
http://youtu.be/z9DEmiuXWfU (http://youtu.be/z9DEmiuXWfU)
-
"Ding"....
-
Interesting. this was a CUSA game. I was at a CUSA game yesterday, at field level, inside a domed facility and I don't think I could ever hear the visiting team's signals over the home band.
-
That's the first time I've ever seen an official make a big deal out of the band. From the rulebook, "Persons subject to the rules, including bands, shall not create any noise that prohibits a team from hearing its signals (Rule 1-1-6)."
9-2-1-b-5 states that the clock stops when "The referee declares a timeout for unfair noise"
But I don't see anything else in there that specifically states that the band needs to stop playing when the offense reaches the line of scrimmage.
-
Worked chains at SMU yesterday and the R stopped the game to request home team game announcer to stop playing music while the visiting team was over the ball. Guess how loud the 15,000 attendees got for the next play.