RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: TXMike on December 04, 2013, 05:38:59 AM
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-jk7oVg1i8&feature=youtu.be
-
Yes. The defender knew that the ball became dead before he could contact the QB. The only intent of the hit is to punish. Dead ball PF.
-
I've got nothing. I'm not even sure what the flag could be for.
The score probably came before the hit, but only a split-second - no late hit possible. Maybe there was high contact, but certainly not with the crown of the helmet and the runner (even a QB) is not defenseless.
Do we know what the call was?
-
I think the call was a "simple" DB PF
-
IMO too close to call this one a "simple" DB-PF. The defender running at full speed is clearly (IMO again) very close to being able to get runner OB before the pylon so this is not a DB foul against a runner who is already in the EZ or OB. A judgment call to be sure, but I would have kept it in my pocket on this one.
-
I agree. This is too close at the pylon to call a foul on that. It is not a great angle but it sure looks like first contact is at or just before the goal line and I don't see intent to punish on the hit. The runner steps on the pylon due to the defender's action and you can't get much closer than that. You have to allow the defender to defend his goal line.
-
Mike, is that the Skyline call? Dallasnews said it was a foul for a late hit 5 yards deep in the end zone.
-
I don't know. It is not my video. It was in an email from TASO Pres-elect that he sends to chapters each week
-
I've got nothing as well. That's a bang bang play that shouldn't draw a flag
-
I've got nothing as well. That's a bang bang play that shouldn't draw a flag
Agreed. Nothing here IMO.
-
No foul here.
-
^no
-
I got nothing...
-
No Foul
The defender is already lunging forward to block as the runner is at the 2, another spit second and he may have prevented the TD.
-
There was no way he could have avoided him at the end. No foul.
-
From the film I got nothing.
Looks like Skyline's uniform.... ;D
-
no foul..
-
Nothing
-
Just to be sure, we all do agree that this is a DB PF? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dukiLWqKmT8
-
How about DB Unsportsmanlike conduct since the shove was clearly after the play and not football related.
-
Better question to me is...is this a TD. Foot hits the pylon...looks to me that the foot is in front of the ball, but it is hard to tell.
Def not a PF.
-
Just to be sure, we all do agree that this is a DB PF? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dukiLWqKmT8
Start a new thread on this one!!! This play has a potential chop block, knee down before ball comes out, and a late hit!
-
Start a new thread on this one!!! This play has a potential chop block, knee down before ball comes out, and a late hit!
So, here is an offshoot on the 2nd clip. Assume it was a 15 yard FM during the return by the RB - A27 -- and he tackled the big fella at the 1 yard line -- a definite live ball foul -- except that replay come back and rules the QB was down and there was no fumble. I assume you do not "forget" the FM -- but now do you treat it as a DB PF -- 1/2 the distance from the 1 -- Team A's ball, next down since it was DB?
-
I got nothing.
-
So, here is an offshoot on the 2nd clip. Assume it was a 15 yard FM during the return by the RB - A27 -- and he tackled the big fella at the 1 yard line -- a definite live ball foul -- except that replay come back and rules the QB was down and there was no fumble. I assume you do not "forget" the FM -- but now do you treat it as a DB PF -- 1/2 the distance from the 1 -- Team A's ball, next down since it was DB?
The major fouls are enforced even the play is ruled dead far earlier in the sequence. The 10 and 5 yarders are ignored