RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: HLinNC on December 08, 2013, 07:15:06 AM
-
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/oklahoma-state-cheerleader-tries-to-trip-oklahoma-player-after-touchdown/oks/#main
-
Classless.
Which leads to the question "Why were they allowed to be inside the limit lines?"
-
I believe this was the last play of the game, as I can also see stuff starting to be thrown onto the field. The 0u players were showing a lot of class by taunting the crowd after that. The cowchickens fans were throwing stuff (I couldn't tell what) at the 0u players there. Class all around.
It could be they were there because the officials may have been trying to either a) Get off the field or b) keep a brawl from breaking out as the OSU players were running into their tunnel and the 0u players celebrating in that end zone.
-
I suppose those dashed lines behind them don't have a purpose. This is an area for the game site security and administration to see.
-
Think there'll be a new rule regarding this come 2014?
-
Would the officials have jurisdiction over this? The game has ended, and I'm not sure what remedy is available to the game officials as opposed to the conference, NCAA, etc.
-
Would the officials have jurisdiction over this? The game has ended, and I'm not sure what remedy is available to the game officials as opposed to the conference, NCAA, etc.
Not at that point since the game was over. My thoughts were that they had likely been there before the play ever started and that security or whoever was responsible for keeping areas cleared weren't aware.
-
Ball is in OSU and Big XII courts. They can take some affirmative action or ignore it while it gets plastered all over the internet.
EDITED - Spoke too soon
http://newsok.com/osu-football-osu-cheer-squad-member-will-be-disciplined-after-bedlam-gaffe/article/3912902
-
Reprimanded by the conference..
http://m.big12sports.com/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?atclid=209337716&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=10410