RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: flyingmonkey on January 02, 2014, 11:20:51 PM
-
The referee from the ACC was in perfect position on the goal line on the Oklahoma TD return at :47 of the 4th quarter. Very well officiated game by the ACC Crew tonight!
-
I thought his coverage was great, his double pump signal however was a little over the top, IMO..
-
It was a good position, but he probably wasnt too far away from the goalline because of where that play was snapped from. LOS was, what, the 16? R was probably around the 9, right?
-
LOS was, what, the 16? R was probably around the 9, right?
If the LOS was the 16, the R would have been around the 3. Even I could get to the goal line in that situation. ;D
-
The referee from the ACC was in perfect position on the goal line on the Oklahoma TD return at :47 of the 4th quarter. Very well officiated game by the ACC Crew tonight!
Agreed. Great job by the crew! I think all of the BCS bowls were officiated well this year so far
-
If the LOS was the 16, the R would have been around the 3. Even I could get to the goal line in that situation. ;D
Wouldn't the correct place be at the goal line? Does three yards make a difference moving forward? It does make quite a lot of difference going backward.
-
Wouldn't the correct place be at the goal line? Does three yards make a difference moving forward? It does make quite a lot of difference going backward.
I was approximating. In this case, I can buy the argument lining up 16 is too deep. I can also buy the argument the goal line is where you need to be. It's really splitting hairs and a lot of it depends on your supervisor's preference. Most I know want you 12-14 off, and working wide.
But as an R, if you can't get 3 yards to the goal line in 2 steps you have bigger problems to worry about than exactly where you are lining up.
-
This might be my imagination but have there been very few measurements? Last nights game I think, the line to gain was really close to the spot of the ball. Both wings were pointing first down, the one time I really noticed, the replay official must have wanted to check the spot of the ball. Maybe in the interest of hurry along, the reliance on the replay official is going up?
Just thinking out loud.
-
This might be my imagination but have there been very few measurements? Last nights game I think, the line to gain was really close to the spot of the ball. Both wings were pointing first down, the one time I really noticed, the replay official must have wanted to check the spot of the ball. Maybe in the interest of hurry along, the reliance on the replay official is going up?
Just thinking out loud.
If they are starting the series on a tick mark then no measurement is needed if you get to the other tick mark 10 yards away.
-
Very well worked game. They should be complimented.
-
Only things that actually stood out as negatives were not seeing the helmet removal after the sack and the throat slash that was more of a superman, but that one is debatable ...