RefStripes.com
Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: dammitbobby on November 09, 2019, 04:17:18 PM
-
I don’t have a video but surely some of y’all are watching LSU/Alabama - thoughts on that catch, and whether it was illegal touching or not?
-
Didn’t see it, but someone that did, told me that the receiver stepped OB, returned inbounds, then caught the pass AFTER it had been tipped by an opponent. Legal catch.
-
Don't think there was a tip. The official story is that he was forced out and reestablished. The call was CONFIRMED.
-
I didn’t think he tipped it... commentators had Gene Steratore in, he said should have been illegal touching but since there wasn’t a flag, should have been incomplete.
Looks like they ruled he was forced out.
https://apple.news/ARWavYJ95TMutSPiX5KV6Mg
-
I'd like to see a better angle, but doesnt look like he reestablished to me. Foot went out and he went straight up to make the catch from OOB. INC ^no