RefStripes.com

Football Officiating => NCAA Discussion => Topic started by: Navcom on May 05, 2020, 07:23:25 PM

Title: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
Post by: Navcom on May 05, 2020, 07:23:25 PM
Sorry, I had some issues with the privacy settings.  your thoughts on this play


https://youtu.be/P_PYDKsNMcE
Title: Re: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
Post by: ElvisLives on May 05, 2020, 08:13:47 PM
That’s a 9-1-3 spearing (targeting) foul.  The defender lowered his head (required indicator) and attacked with the crown of his helmet, making forcible contact to the opponent. 9-1-3 does not require a defenseless player.
I see that a foul was called.  I hope they called targeting.

Title: Re: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
Post by: bctgp on May 05, 2020, 08:41:33 PM
Stevie Wonder could make that call..... I agree with Elvis, hope that is what they called.
Title: Re: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
Post by: Etref on May 05, 2020, 09:45:33 PM
TGT, wing gets kudos for the call