Author Topic: Face-Guarding flagged for DPI - UTEP v Texas A&M?  (Read 4300 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RunRickyRun

  • Guest
Face-Guarding flagged for DPI - UTEP v Texas A&M?
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:57:16 PM »
I have looked in vain for video of the play, but I saw it live and fully expected it to be posted here relatively soon thereafter. 

The play occurred with 10 or 11 minutes left in the second quarter.  According to the play-by-play, A&M was 3 & 9 from the UTEP 38 when the play began.  The pass was down the seam to the TE I believe.  The UTEP defender was in chase mode when the receiver turned for the ball.  From what I saw, the defender put his arms up and the receiver made slight contact by extending his arm into the defender.  The pass was incomplete and IIRC may have bounced off the defender.  The B threw his flag in a timely manner and the call was DPI.

Did anyone else see this play?  I was fairly sure that the contact was too slight (and mostly offensive) to support the call.

Offline TXMike

  • *
  • Posts: 8775
  • FAN REACTION: +229/-269
  • When you quit learning you quit living
Re: Face-Guarding flagged for DPI - UTEP v Texas A&M?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:43:16 AM »
Looks like you had a pretty good look at it


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijUEbGmhwnU

RunRickyRun

  • Guest
Re: Face-Guarding flagged for DPI - UTEP v Texas A&M?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »
Thanks for the video, TXMike. 

In this case the B had the best look at it so I doubt either deep wing could/would try to take him off of the call.  But it's a tough call for the crew to live with.