Ok, I've "grammared" myself into a hole in looking at the '13 changes to Article 3 concerning the language 'other than injury/helmet off of him or teammate.'
(3-3-5)New paragraph f
f. If the player injury is the only reason for stopping the clock (other than his or a teammate’s helmet coming off, Rule 3-3-9) with less than one minute in the half, the opponent has the option of a 10-second runoff. The play clock will be set to 40 seconds for an injury to a player of the defensive team and to 25 seconds for injury to a player of the offensive team (Rule 3-2-4-c-4).
and 3-3-9 b. When the helmet coming off is the only reason for stopping the clock, other than due to an injury to the player or his teammate (Rule 3-3-5), the following….[/size]"
Assume all under 1min, running clock, no other "clock stoppers":
1. A helmet off, B injury. Zap? PC at?
2. A helmet off, B helmet off
3. A injury, A helmet off.
4. A helmet off, A injury.
5. B helmet off, B injury.
5. B injury, B helmet off.
I'm sure this is simple, but I've developed thinker's block...
B