Author Topic: Onside kick catch interference?  (Read 5846 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dvasques

  • *
  • Posts: 508
  • FAN REACTION: +13/-2
Onside kick catch interference?
« on: October 27, 2013, 12:49:24 AM »
Team A will onside facing strong wing.

Kicker kicks the ball straight up in the air.

Ball travels 15 yards and there is no contact between players before ball crosses B restraining line.

B9 is @B-48 and under the ball while it falls. B84 is @ 50 line also looking at the ball.

As the ball falls, the wind brings it back to the 50 yard line. Because of that, B9 starts to fall down trying to catch the ball

A22 bumps into B84 whils going for the ball. Ball then touched A22 taking it away from B9 who is on the ground untouched.

Ball bounced on the ground and is recovered by A55.

We ruled recover by A but I think we did wrong. I was the BJ at the other side of the field on A restraining line, so I didn't have any line of sight to the play.

I asked if there was interference with A9 (the main receiver with oportunity to catch the kick) and was told there wasn't (and by the video, there wasn't)
But A was the first to touch a free kick before it had touched the ground at least twice, as per 6-4-1-f

So my thinking is we screwd up and should've flaged KCI by A22 on this one

What say you?

Video is here
http://bandsports.band.uol.com.br/noticia.asp?id=100000639338

It's the second video on the page (marked 2º Tempo) at 44 minutes

Offline Kalle

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 3451
  • FAN REACTION: +114/-35
Re: Onside kick catch interference?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:51:38 AM »
KCI. See eg. A.R. 6-4-1-I.

RunRickyRun

  • Guest
Re: Onside kick catch interference?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 05:47:04 AM »
I concur with Kalle.

Great video.  I wound up watching a significant portion of the game.  I can see the influences of both soccer and, I assume, rugby in the uniforms and celebrations.  I don't understand Portuguese but there is more than enough 'American football' language to make it easy to follow the announcers.  Thoroughly enjoyed that.