Author Topic: Cold Affecting Replay Technology ?  (Read 5486 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TXMike

  • *
  • Posts: 8775
  • FAN REACTION: +229/-269
  • When you quit learning you quit living
Cold Affecting Replay Technology ?
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »
Never heard of it doing this but apparently it affected the transmission of the signal to the on field crew in this playoff game Saturday.   The video is not my clip so don't bash me for the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFgt8jVuRc#t=0

2 stories about the game and explanation:

http://newstalkkgvo.com/referee-explanation-of-controversial-call-in-montana-grizzly-coastal-carolina-football-game/

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/meseroll-officially-chants-hurt-griz-more-than-replay/article_fe0ecdb6-5fcf-11e3-930b-001a4bcf887a.html

Offline Etref

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 2423
  • FAN REACTION: +88/-29
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: Cold Affecting Replay Technology ?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:59 AM »
WOW!
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline JasonTX

  • *
  • Posts: 3002
  • FAN REACTION: +114/-59
Re: Cold Affecting Replay Technology ?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 03:02:27 PM »
If only one guy felt the page before the next play began question is was his whistle frozen too?

Offline mishatx

  • *
  • Posts: 653
  • FAN REACTION: +28/-11
  • Free Agent
Re: Cold Affecting Replay Technology ?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
If I had been working that game, I'd've been shivering so much there's no way I would have been able to feel a buzzer.

Fatman325

  • Guest
Re: Cold Affecting Replay Technology ?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 04:17:23 PM »
R- Ok who's pager went off?
Not mine...
Not mine...
Not mine...
Not mine...
Not mine...
Mine did.
R- No it didn't. Go back to your position

Offline Magician

  • *
  • Posts: 1084
  • FAN REACTION: +257/-8
Re: Cold Affecting Replay Technology ?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »
R- Ok who's pager went off?
Not mine...
Not mine...
Not mine...
Not mine...
Not mine...
Mine did.
R- No it didn't. Go back to your position

Change the question to "who blew their whistle before the play ended" and this happens, are you going to tell him to ignore it?  This official put the crew in a tough spot by not acting on the buzz before the play, but that doesn't mean you ignore it.  I think you have to go with the review.  In this case since the play stood, I would have also been OK with the crew letting the next play stand as well.  It may not be doing it right, but it may be the right thing to do.