Author Topic: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?  (Read 3208 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Navcom

  • *
  • Posts: 87
  • FAN REACTION: +3/-0
  • The Action is the Juice...............I'm in.
illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
« on: May 05, 2020, 07:23:25 PM »
Sorry, I had some issues with the privacy settings.  your thoughts on this play


https://youtu.be/P_PYDKsNMcE

Offline ElvisLives

  • *
  • Posts: 4633
  • FAN REACTION: +188/-188
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 08:13:47 PM »
That’s a 9-1-3 spearing (targeting) foul.  The defender lowered his head (required indicator) and attacked with the crown of his helmet, making forcible contact to the opponent. 9-1-3 does not require a defenseless player.
I see that a foul was called.  I hope they called targeting.


Offline bctgp

  • *
  • Posts: 276
  • FAN REACTION: +6/-10
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 08:41:33 PM »
Stevie Wonder could make that call..... I agree with Elvis, hope that is what they called.

Online Etref

  • Administrator
  • ***
  • Posts: 2423
  • FAN REACTION: +88/-29
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
Re: illegal contact to the head and neck area or targeting?
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 09:45:33 PM »
TGT, wing gets kudos for the call
" I don't make the rules coach!"