Author Topic: NFHS Rulebook?  (Read 1408 times)

Offline sczeebra

• FAN REACTION: +4/-7
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
NFHS Rulebook?
« on: December 05, 2023, 02:01:38 PM »
Does anyone know if I purchase a rulebook on NFHS all access how long is that good for? Or is there any other way to find a kindle or PDF version?

Offline riffraft

• FAN REACTION: +18/-19
Re: NFHS Rulebook?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 09:18:23 AM »
Does anyone know if I purchase a rulebook on NFHS all access how long is that good for? Or is there any other way to find a kindle or PDF version?

Don't know how long they are available, but NFHS no longer publishing a Kindle or PDF version of the rules.  Which is a great disappointment to me.

Offline Fatso

• FAN REACTION: +8/-1
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 11:07:16 AM »
There's no pdf version.  It will stay active until end of June then it disappears.

Offline SCline

• FAN REACTION: +7/-1
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 11:01:39 PM »
The fact that NFHS still does not make a pdf rule book available for free is just insane. It would be a help to recruiting officials and would help with education across the country on the high school rule set.NCAA and NFL have no issues making their rules freely available.

Offline Fatso

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 07:19:49 AM »
The fact that NFHS still does not make a pdf rule book available for free is just insane. It would be a help to recruiting officials and would help with education across the country on the high school rule set.NCAA and NFL have no issues making their rules freely available.
I agree 100%. It's treated as a top secret publication....  I realize they're running a business, but not making the rules readily available to everyone is just insane.....

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 01:08:27 PM »

NFHS doesn't have very many revenue streams, so they need to keep the lights on somehow.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2023, 09:59:31 AM »
I agree 100%. It's treated as a top secret publication....  I realize they're running a business, but not making the rules readily available to everyone is just insane.....

Language conversion books, in many languages are readily available to those in need, at (hopefully reasonable cost) as are NFHS Rule Books.

Offline Fatso

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 07:02:54 AM »
Language conversion books, in many languages are readily available to those in need, at (hopefully reasonable cost) as are NFHS Rule Books.
  Explain please, not sure what you mean.

Offline lawdog

• FAN REACTION: +3/-17
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 08:36:43 AM »

Its Al, no one ever really knows what he means....

Offline AlUpstateNY

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 11:06:03 AM »

Don't know for sure, but have you inquired of NFHS if they offer specific Rule Books, translated to other languages?  If not, they may know of other sources where this type of conversion is available (at what cost).

Offline AlUpstateNY

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 11:26:23 AM »
Its Al, no one ever really knows what he means....

Whenever you don't agree with/understand, any posting, Lawdog, you always have several options available;
1. ignore the posting.
2. question the content (and/or include refuting/clarification details).
3. ask for additional information, or specific clarifying/additional details.
4. post some ignorant/snarky response.

Should/how you choose to respond, it then becomes, "YOUR mind that's on display".

Offline Fatso

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2023, 12:48:57 PM »
Don't know for sure, but have you inquired of NFHS if they offer specific Rule Books, translated to other languages?  If not, they may know of other sources where this type of conversion is available (at what cost).
I'm more confused than before.... LOL.    Why would I ask NFHS is they offer rules books translated to other languages?

Offline AlUpstateNY

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2023, 03:50:12 PM »
I'm more confused than before.... LOL.    Why would I ask NFHS is they offer rules books translated to other languages?

Well PARDON ME, I obviously misunderstood your initial post. Guess I'm going to have to keep searching for my FIRST perfect day.

Offline Fatso

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2023, 07:04:56 AM »
Well PARDON ME, I obviously misunderstood your initial post. Guess I'm going to have to keep searching for my FIRST perfect day.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you sir.   tiphat:

Offline jra104

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2024, 09:02:52 PM »
What’s always bothered me is the NCAA rule books are absolutely free!!
The NFHS should offer membered associations a free online code for each head coach.