Author Topic: DID ANYONE CATCH THIS ??? !!!  (Read 843 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
DID ANYONE CATCH THIS ??? !!!
« on: January 24, 2024, 01:16:44 PM »
On CBS News,  this morning there was a good segment on the shortage of sports officials. It stressed that most everyone loves sports, but to have a team you have to have players and to be sure the game is fair and safe you have to have officials. They stressed the shortage in all sports and illuminated a Bath High School (Maine has a Bath, but their high school is Morse HS) that has a course in officiating where students work to officiate YMCA, PAL, Pop Warner, Little League and such.

Someone with more internet, TV, computer skills than me; may be able to find and post. Sounds wike a good idea that needs to spread.  tiphat:

Offline Ralph Damren

Re: DID ANYONE CATCH THIS ??? !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 02:43:47 PM »
Thanks, AR , I spotted it on WABI-TV (CBS affiliate) today at noon.It great to see there are others ! Maybe we won't have to relay on robots, afterall  :).

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 05:07:04 PM »
Lubbock, Texas has hopped on the educating students bandwagon, too!

https://www.kcbd.com/2023/11/14/lisd-will-soon-be-offering-students-course-sports-officiating/

Offline Matt

• FAN REACTION: +17/-3
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 10:22:33 AM »

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 06:17:20 AM »
This is Bath High School in Michigan.
https://www.wilx.com/2024/01/22/schools-offering-referee-elective-address-shortage/
Thanks, Matt, this is the one I saw. It's  ??? ??? ??? was caused by being in local sports and there is a Bath, Maine. Their school is Morse High School - and like mascots - some felt they have had to change their name!