Author Topic: The one day we are all one.......  (Read 701 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
The one day we are all one.......
« on: December 25, 2023, 07:26:34 AM »
TO THE  z^  OFFICIALS....TO THE  hEaDbAnG COACHES....TO THE  O0 PLAYERS......TO THE  tR:oLl FANS.....TO THE  tiphat: SCRIBES....

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND TO ALL  :angel:

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: The one day we are all one.......
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 10:30:50 AM »
And may God bless you all.

Robert Cameron
Lubbock, Texas

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 01:47:43 PM »
Merry Christmas 🎄
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 01:23:08 PM »
TO THE  z^  OFFICIALS....TO THE  hEaDbAnG COACHES....TO THE  O0 PLAYERS......TO THE  tR:oLl FANS.....TO THE  tiphat: SCRIBES....

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND TO ALL  :angel:

Having played the game long, LONG, ago & just finishing my 57th year Officiating (Youth, HS, D-3) I thought I knew a lot about the game's history.  Visiting family this Christmas in TX, I noticed a story in the Victoria Advocate's 12/27 edition about the "Mosquito Bowl of 12/24/1944" which I hadn't known about.  The article, supplemented by a Google Search ("Christmas Eve 1944: Marines Mosquito Bowl") tells a truly worthwhile story of Football, and it's players.

If you're not already familiar with where, how, when & by whom this game was played, it's well worth a look, and some reflection.

Online dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 07:18:20 AM »
Thanks, Al, for discovering this and to Bobby for bringing up this very touching story. The Battle of Okinawa was only a snapshot of what an attack of the major islands of Japan would enstail. As officials, we are often faced with questioning of our calls. Consider Harry Truman's today's questioning of his call. With the war quickly ended, I doubt many of Tom Brokaw's 'Greatest Generation' disagreed with Harry's call !

:patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon:  (21-GUN SALUTE)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 12:57:30 PM by Ralph Damren »

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 08:33:56 AM »
Thanks, Al, for discovering this and to Bobby for bringing up this very touching story. The Battle of Okinawa was only a snapshot of what an attack of the major islands of Japan would entail. As officials, we are often faced with questioning of our calls. Consider Harry Truman's today's questioning of his call. With the war quickly ended, I doubt many of Tom Brokaw's 'Greatest Generation' disagreed with Harry's call !

:patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon: :patrioticon:  (21-GUN SALUTE)

What he said.  :thumbup FlAg1 May God bless the United States of America, and especially all who have served this country, and their familes.