Author Topic: "Head Coach ejection" revisited for clarity ???  (Read 1058 times)

Offline juxone

• FAN REACTION: +1/-2
  • Always seeking a deeper understanding.
"Head Coach ejection" revisited for clarity ???
« on: October 12, 2021, 10:13:20 PM »
The foul for UNINTENTIONAL PERSONAL CONTACT (In the Restricted area) is NOT a USC foul).

( Under NFHS :9-4 (ILLEGAL PERSONAL CONTACT) Article 8 advises:" UNINTENTIONAL CONTACT between a NONPLAYER and a game official in the restricted area while the ball is alive" is prohibited.

The 9-4 PENALTY SUMMARY advises, "Art 8- (S38-29) 15 yards-Nonplayer foul. For the 1st offense, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. For the 2nd offense (S38-29-47) 15 yards from the succeeding spot AND DISQUALIFICATION OF THE HEAD COACH." [/u]

But in the situation during the first period, an assistant coach (AC)  is flagged for UNC during a live ball for having a collision with an official. AS I read the 9-4 under PENALTY this is by RULE charged to the HC (Correct ?)   If in the same or subsequent period the same Assistant Coach is flagged for USC (9-8-1) profanity or disrespectfully addressing an official. 

AS I understand the prior discussion and the rules  A) the first flag was charged to the Head Coach,  B) the second is charged to the AC not the HC so there is no rule that would require the automatic disqualification of either the HC  or the AC  (UNLESS it was judged Flagrant ) on the AC
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:35:02 PM by juxone »

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
Re: "Head Coach ejection" revisited for clarity ???
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 10:40:54 PM »
I think you're on the right track.  These can get confusing.

CONTACT with an official in the restricted area is a Sideline Interference PERSONAL FOUL charged to the HC, no matter who you run into.  The second time you run into someone, it's a personal foul against the HC and he is ejected.  This is not combined with any other sideline penalty or any other unsportsmanlike foul.

NON-CONTACT sideline penalties (Sideline Warning/Interference) progress to 1) Warning, 2) 5 yards, 3) 15 yards and unsportsmanlike charged to the head coach, no matter who is in the white.

Regular Unsportsmanlike fouls are charged to the individual who committed the act.

Offline juxone

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 11:57:33 PM »
I think you're on the right track.  These can get confusing.

You are so right.. I have read and re-read but appreciate the feedback.  ^talk

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 06:27:00 AM »
The rationale of tossing the HC after the second bump between zebra and assist. is that the HC needs to be responsible for sideline decorum of his team. IMHO, the HC should be "reminded" of this after the first bump.

Offline juxone

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 10:42:11 AM »
the HC should be "reminded" of this after the first bump. Agree, he is responsible so a "heads up reminder" might save some anger.