Author Topic: AFTER FURTHER REVIEW.....  (Read 3460 times)

Online Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
AFTER FURTHER REVIEW.....
« on: August 21, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »
 :o Case 3.5.10L Comment : "Any time the play clock is interrupted for improperly worn or missing equipment by a player, the player is to be REMOVED from the contest for at least one play."

This went against what I had told all of our coaches, officials and YOU GUYS that Officials Manual POE (p.86) stated "allow the correction...in a timely manner ..avoid removing the player." Meant killing the ready, "Bubba git your mouthpiece in" ' allowed Bubba to stay in. I phoned NFHS to get the answer.

NFHS stance is if you kill the ready, player needs to leave for one. You can yell : "#66 PUT IN YOUR MOUTHPIECE" and the like BUT killing the ready will require the player to be sent off.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll take care of Maine's coaches and officials, if you guys will take care of yourselves.

pi1eOn tR:oLl tR:oLl tR:oLl pi1eOn

Offline bbeagle

• FAN REACTION: +14/-52
Re: AFTER FURTHER REVIEW.....
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:21:08 AM »
Last year, if an offensive player came to you when he couldn't get one of the buttons on his chin strap buttoned, we'd call an official's timeout, button it in 5-10 seconds, and restart the clock.

Now, we should NEVER help players with their chin strap button? Because if we stop that clock, he's got to go out for a play anyways, so why help him? Just send him off.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:44:59 PM »
:o Case 3.5.10L Comment : "Any time the play clock is interrupted for improperly worn or missing equipment by a player, the player is to be REMOVED from the contest for at least one play."
 I phoned NFHS to get the answer.

NFHS stance is if you kill the ready, player needs to leave for one. You can yell : "#66 PUT IN YOUR MOUTHPIECE" and the like BUT killing the ready will require the player to be sent off.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll take care of Maine's coaches and officials, if you guys will take care of yourselves.

Sometimes working the game you're at, requires a more judicious and cautious "trigger finger" allowing for less "killing", and can still satisfy an appropriate stance.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 07:47:35 PM by AlUpstateNY »

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 07:30:59 AM »
I’ve told our guys that if Bubba can get it fixed within the 25-seconds (play clock running), no problem.  If the snap is imminent, kill it & remove for a play.

Correct?

Online Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 12:06:55 PM »
I’ve told our guys that if Bubba can get it fixed within the 25-seconds (play clock running), no problem.  If the snap is imminent, kill it & remove for a play.

Correct?
AYUH, 'spect so :)

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +633/-113
  • See it, Think about it, Pass on it if possible!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 06:08:02 PM »
SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum

Offline markrischard

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 08:03:50 AM »
Had a situation with a chin strap in scrimmage last night. Really had no option but to kill the play clock, as the issue was with B.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 01:57:35 PM »
Our strongest contributions to the game, are still, our understanding & comprehension of the intent of the rules, common sense, and the "balls" to execute on what the first two tells us.  Player safety and avoiding injury share the #1 concern.

Offline mb98football

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 11:30:05 AM »
With the clock running and the Play clock running down, you notice Player A85 had no knee pads. You stop the clock to send him off. Question: Does A get a new 25 seconds?

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
With the clock running and the Play clock running down, you notice Player A85 had no knee pads. You stop the clock to send him off. Question: Does A get a new 25 seconds?
Yes but if feel like it gave A an unnecessary advantage you can start the game clock on the snap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk