Author Topic: UIL and TASO Rules on Criminal Conduct  (Read 14843 times)

WestTxZebra

UIL and TASO Rules on Criminal Conduct
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
http://www.etypeservices.com/Jeff%20Davis%20County%20Mountain%20DispatchID316/

Do the durrent UIL and TASO rules on criminal conduct prevent us from officiating as soon as someone is charged or do they require a conviction?

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
Re: UIL and TASO Rules on Criminal Conduct
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »
Wow.   If it were any TASO member we would be done until trial and or probation and or jail sentence and or aquited.  If he isn't terminated immediately from the UIL then I certainly see a double standard.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »
This is from the new registration site:

HAVE you been convicted, or adjudicated with a finding of fault, guilt or violation, in regard to an offense involving a minor or any sexual offense, physical violence, an offense involving any illegal/illicit drug or controlled substance; or are you currently serving a sentence or parole/probation period for any offense or adjudication of guilt imposed by any court, judge or administrative body?

Your application may be denied for an affirmative answer. Full disclosure is mandatory. False or inaccurate information may result in immediate revocation of your application.  If you answer affirmatively you will be required to explain in full detail the nature and date of conviction, dates and time served, probation/parole requirements, and dates of probation/parole.  Applicants with a criminal history will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, even though you may have a criminal history, we encourage you to apply. 

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:09:37 AM »
I am waiting with bated breath to see Arbitrator's reply!!!

Offline TexDoc

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:10:29 AM »
Isn't TASOs even more restrictive?

Offline TXMike

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
That was the TASO registration site

Offline gigmax

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
It is the UIL policy that if a player has been charged with a felony, they must be suspended until granted due process of the law.  Whether convicted or not they are done until that determination is made. I don't see how it could be any different for a UIL employee

Offline Arbitrator

• Chief Manor Road Pig Poker
  • FAN REACTION: +7/-10
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 02:32:40 PM »
I am waiting with bated breath to see Arbitrator's reply!!!

^flag

Sorry for my undue absence from this most wonderful site, but what wonderful news from  P_S Jeff Davis County to come home to! Didn't really have a clue as to what's been going down lately down at  :bOW  tiphat: Manor Road  cRaZy as of late, knowing full well that  :bOW  tiphat: Manor Road   cRaZy has been getting itself ready for it's biannual reclassification week!

Well, I see that the  cRaZy Dancing Monkey has officially procured famed Houston defense counsel Dick DeGueren to stand by his side in that  P_S Jeff Davis courtroom well as his only buffer between there and a future new residence over in Walker County.

Well,  nAnA Ol' Barrister Dick don't exactly work for peanuts, more especially to have to fly out there from the Bayou City to defend him!

Makes me fully lose any faith that the UIL could ever check out the credentials of all officials statewide, when it does such a wonderful job of doing employee checks on it's own people!
Maybe  tiphat: Good Ol' Uncle Chaw-lie will be more than happy to take up a collection for  cRaZy "Dancing's" legal defense fund, from taking up a goodwill collection from all of the UIL's Member officials. They'll all be absolutely  thrilled to contribute!

And  tiphat: Uncle Chaw-lie: You had better go check out your petty cash can there in your  :bOW tiphat:                                 Manor Road  cRaZy Lair ~ Somebody there in your most reputable office might actually have been samplin' the till!

But until then, why don't you just go and investigate yourself. We all know that you didn't really want to testify in that Travis County Court Room in the TASO case to let the world watch you trip over your waggling tongue. Now you'll get to go testify as a character witness for your own annointed  cRaZy "Struttin' Simien!" The Jeff Davis  P_S DA ought to just have a literal field day with you up there on the witness stand!  z^
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:48:30 PM by Arbitrator »

Minnesota

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 06:49:44 PM »
I think it is sad.  Hope he is able to work it out.

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 05:48:22 AM »
Does anyone besides me smell something funny? 

We get a 1st time poster to post this info...from a news site that isn't linked to anything (do your own google search).  You can go to the Jeff Davis County website but they have no searchable records.  I went to Travis County's judicial site and can't seem to pull up any records there (its a maze), and then another first time poster states that it is Sad.

I'd like to see something more concrete than this before this gets out of hand.

Offline Cowman52

• FAN REACTION: +7/-2
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 07:06:21 AM »
The something funny is all this happened in BFE, and it still made it out of the deep west Texas no man's land to civilization.  From the newspaper report, a 3 phase generator is not something that happened to be on my side of a fence and I didn't know it was there, and second, what it the Sam hill are you going to do with one, power a deer camp?
 Every one is innocent until Proven guilty, and it entitled to a defense,  but how many public school workers get a DWI and are without a job before sundown?  An official gets behind in child support and it gets to the point of serious and he's a sorry SON OF A GUN and not working.
 The people who are in charge of school kids are held to a higher standard than the average person on the street and should be. Those persons would take a leave, and get things straighten out before sitting in a place of authority and supposedly holding court over us lowly ref's.

rickref

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 07:54:08 AM »
Wow.   If it were any TASO member we would be done until trial and or probation and or jail sentence and or aquited.  If he isn't terminated immediately from the UIL then I certainly see a double standard.

very true:

From TASO By laws.

b. Convictions: A felony conviction shall automatically terminate TASO membership if it involves Texas Penal
Code Title 5 (offenses against the person), Title 6 (offenses against the family), Title 7 (offenses against
property), Title 9 (offenses against the public order and decency), Title 10 (offenses against public health and
morals) and Title 11(organized crime). Other felony or misdemeanor convictions may terminate membership as
determined by the Disciplinary Appeals Committee. New applicants shall not be considered for membership
and existing members shall have their membership suspended until they have successfully completed all terms
and conditions of a judicially-imposed probation, sentencing, or parole. Chapters must report to the Executive
Director if any member is or has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor. If the felony requires automatic
termination of membership, the Executive Director shall apprise the TASO Division Board of the matter. The
Executive Director shall refer cases involving other felonies or misdemeanors to the Disciplinary Appeals
Committee.
c. Arrests: A member who is arrested or charged with any criminal charge greater than a fine only traffic
violation shall be suspended pending disposition of the charge

Offline fencewire

• FAN REACTION: +20/-74
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »

We get a 1st time poster to post this info...from a news site that isn't linked to anything (do your own google search).  You can go to the Jeff Davis County website but they have no searchable records.  I went to Travis County's judicial site and can't seem to pull up any records there (its a maze), and then another first time poster states that it is Sad.

I'd like to see something more concrete than this before this gets out of hand.

you must not be very good at the internets...

http://bit.ly/1bV2Utp

http://jdcmountaindispatch.com/articles/news   3rd article down.

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »

^flag

Yeah! We all do!

I think it's those noxious fumes emanating from  :bOW tiphat: Manor Road cRaZy, wafting westwardly over to Jeff Davis County!  z^
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 04:27:21 PM by Arbitrator »

Offline TXMike

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 05:17:16 AM »
Apparently UIL is concerned only if the offense  involves minors, sex, or drugs.

From the old UIL registration site:

UIL will not register anyone convicted or adjudicated with a finding of fault, guilt or violation, in regard to an offense involving a minor or any sexual offense; or, convicted or adjudicated with a finding of fault, guilt or violation, in regard to an offense involving any illegal/illicit drug or controlled substance as prescribed by Federal or State law or regulation, prior to five (5) years following the completion of any sentence/parole/probation period imposed for the offense; or, currently serving a sentence or a parole/probation period for any offense or adjudication of guilt imposed by any court, judge or administrative body.
When a currently registered official is indicted or charged with any criminal offense or charged with a violation of any statute pertaining to minors, drugs or a controlled substance, such registration will automatically be suspended, pending resolution of the indictment or charge. Conviction or adjudication of fault, guilt or violation under any such indictment or charge shall result in immediate and automatic forfeiture of the official registration. Currently registered officals must inform the UIL of any such indictment or charge IMMEDIATELY upon receipt of or upon having knowledge of such indictment or charge.

An official whose registration has been suspended or revoked, or an applicant who is denied registration, under the provisions of this policy, may petition for reinstatement/reapplication based on the following:
     a.  If suspension, revocation or denial results from a felony: The official/applicant may petition for registration one year after the completion of the parole/probation period (provided the offense was NOT involving a minor or a sexual offense).
     b.  If suspension, revocation or denial results from a misdemeanor or other non-felony charge: The offical/applicant may petition for registration immediately upon the completion of the parole/probation period (provided the offense was NOT involving a minor or a sexual offense).

Offline Getting Fat

• FAN REACTION: +5/-6
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:17 AM »
TXMike, I read it differently:

"When a currently registered official is indicted or charged with any criminal offense or charged with a violation of any statute pertaining to minors, drugs or a controlled substance, such registration will automatically be suspended, pending resolution of the indictment or charge. Conviction or adjudication of fault, guilt or violation under any such indictment or charge shall result in immediate and automatic forfeiture of the official registration."

To me, the "or" means it can be read:

When a currently registered official is indicted such registration will automatically be suspended, pending resolution of the indictment or charge.

I'll give you that there may be some ambiguity in there.

Offline TexDoc

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 08:31:56 AM »
OK Arbitrator, now that was funny!   LOL LOL LOL :bOW :bOW :bOW

Offline rsquare

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 08:10:20 PM »
The pics brings to mind ole Alfred E Neuman - What me worry? LOL
Sidenote - glad to see you are heading up FCA for 2014 yEs:

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »
The pics brings to mind ole Alfred E Neuman - What me worry? LOL
Sidenote - glad to see you are heading up FCA for 2014 yEs:

^flag

Thanks, rsquare! I'm greatly looking forward to it!   z^

texref

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 02:06:44 PM »
Has there been any word from the UIL about the indictment of one of their leaders? Seems like it would have made some kind of news in Austin.

Offline Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
UIL has a brand new updated website with him listed under the officials page.

Also, I thought the UIL was having to bet out of the officiating business. Seems they have a lot of "chapters listed under the UIL site.
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline HoustonUmp

• FAN REACTION: +4/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
Hmmmm.......it appears that the Arb has had a change of heart and has recalled his offspring to his house.  I guess he didn't check for copyright infringements or something on his pictures. 

Offline Arbitrator

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 08:09:17 PM »
Hmmmm.......it appears that the Arb has had a change of heart and has recalled his offspring to his house.  I guess he didn't check for copyright infringements or something on his pictures.

^flag

"Now, Now!"  z^
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:14:12 PM by Arbitrator »