Author Topic: Importance of a Great Pregame.  (Read 1008 times)

Offline BIG DON

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +43/-10
Importance of a Great Pregame.
« on: September 06, 2021, 01:19:51 AM »
Had a first Friday night since the rule that there must be 4 on each side of the ball during a free kick.

My crew and I always try to have a great pregame Evey week, it something we do every Friday night since we became a crew 5 years ago.

Last Friday night K lines up for a free kick  and everything is normal.  6 to the right of the ball and 4 to the left of the ball and kicker.

BJ give his normal instructions and runs off to get ion position both K, and R are counted we verify this both visually and over the O2O.

Just as I am getting ready to blow RFP my spidey senses goes off that something not going to be right about this free kick. Quick scan everything is normal.

RFP sounded and the free kick started  right before the kicker kicks the ball the player closest to the kicker on his left sprints behind the kicker making 7 players to the right and 3 to the left when the ball is kicked. 
I shut it down administer the penalty and we rekick.

Coach is not happy with his player knowing he committed this fou,l and of course fans are not happy with us.

Like I sad earlier it was the first time we have called that foul since the rule was put into place, and its something I mention is every pregame.

I am just curious what other obscure rarely scene actions that other crews mention during their pregames

do or do not there is no try

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: Importance of a Great Pregame.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 08:30:27 AM »
As we review duties in pre-game, I'll ask each official :
 "What is your focus on_______"
 "What do you also need to be ready for"
This will often trigger them to be ready for some seldom seen happenings.

[/"'TIS BETTER TO KNOW IT AND NOT NEED IT THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT KNOW IT."b]