Author Topic: Kicking into the wind  (Read 3611 times)

neilfish

Kicking into the wind
« on: October 29, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »
Not sure if any of you seen this - High School game, kicking into a 40mph wind.  Kick goes 12yds backwards.

My question is:  If the ball had traveled 10yds forward before the wind pushed it back & the kicking team recovers - Who's Ball?

http://www.farmingtonindependent.com/event/videos/

rnusinov

Re: Kicking into the wind
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »
k's ball.

neilfish

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »
Well that is one hell of a way to conduct an on-sides kick....

Offline Ump33

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »
6.1.6 SITUATION B: The ball is free kicked from K’s 40-yard line and in flight, it crosses the 50-yard line before a strong wind blows it back to K’s 45 where it: (a) is touched in flight by K1, or (b) touches the ground and is recovered by K2. RULING: Kick-catching interference in (a), first and 10 for K in (b). COMMENT: The free-kick lines marking the neutral zone for K and R are vertical planes. When the free kick penetrates R’s free-kick line in flight, it is considered to have gone the required 10 yards. If it also has touched the ground, before or after going 10 yards, it can be recovered, but not advanced by K. (6-1-5)

LarryW60

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 11:36:49 AM »
#You don't tug on Superman's cape.  You don't kiiick into the wind.#
(With apologies to Jim Croce)

8]

Offline lawdog

• FAN REACTION: +3/-17
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 05:41:49 PM »
As a fellow MN zebra, I can honestly say that wind last tuesday fro the first round playoff games (the day the game in this clip was played) was the worst I've seen in all the years I've been around football.  Constant 40+ mph wind.  First time I've seen both teams intentionally choose the wind instead of the ball at the start of the halves.  It was insane...