Author Topic: Video of potential fouls from 6-man football  (Read 4189 times)

Harry

Video of potential fouls from 6-man football
« on: August 29, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
This may be 6-man ball, but the situations are familiar.

The coach complaining about these plays says no flags were thrown.  Here is what he says took place:

":12 mark - #40 hands to the face and after the play ends he kicks the running back
1:11 horsecollar not called
:35 #15 punches the quarterback after the play
:52 #9 knees the quarterback
1:25 You hear the whistle CLEARLY blow and #40 not only hits the QB late, he leads with his helmet"

He doesn't mention a potential block below the waist on his team.  Do you think the play at 1:05 is a block below the waist?

Foudn here: http://coachhuey.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=48141

Grant - AR

Re: Video of potential fouls from 6-man football
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »
":12 mark - #40 hands to the face and after the play ends he kicks the running back
1:11 horsecollar not called
:35 #15 punches the quarterback after the play
:52 #9 knees the quarterback
1:25 You hear the whistle CLEARLY blow and #40 not only hits the QB late, he leads with his helmet"

Here's my take on these:

:12 - There is a little bit of hands to the face there, but I'm not sure if it warrants a flag.  A "talk too" would be good though.  I don't see any kick at the end of this play.
:35 - Can't tell by the video.  Defender makes an odd move, but I can't tell exactly what he did.
:52 - I see the defender's knee go up, but I don't know that he was trying to hit the QB.  I'm also not sure if he actually made contact with the QB.
1:11 - Collar was grabbed but the defender rode the returner down and turned him around.
1:25 - If that was a whistle while the QB was wrapped up, this was definitely a late hit.  The R should have been moving in to shut this down.

1:05 - The player tried to hit at the waist or below, but it looks like he missed.

Offline Tom.OH

• FAN REACTION: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »

He doesn't mention a potential block below the waist on his team.

Since when has a coach seen any fouls on his team
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's to dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
The only one I'd have a flag on from the video shown is the last one.  The potential BBW was a whiff, although it's clear the blocker meant to BBW.

Offline Atlanta Blue

• FAN REACTION: +160/-71
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
The only one I'd have a flag on from the video shown is the last one.  The potential BBW was a whiff, although it's clear the blocker meant to BBW.

Ther's no foul for TRYING to block below the waist, only for BLOCKING below the waist.

Offline James

• FAN REACTION: +7/-6
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:37:17 AM »
The whistle at the end didn't sound like the other whistles on the field. Is it possible that it came from the stands?
We all use the same whistles on a crew. I don't know if that is standard though.

I thought the 'horse collar' was good for a flag, but I only got to see it once, the system now tells me it is unavailable (not allowed to be embedded)...

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 07:18:32 AM »
Ther's no foul for TRYING to block below the waist, only for BLOCKING below the waist.

Agree, but the play I was referencing was the late hit on the QB.

ret66482

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 07:27:03 AM »
I agree with a "talking to" for the hand to the face.  The only real fouls that I think was warrant was the "horse collar" and #40 "illegal helmet contact" at the end.  It appears that the Referee blew his whistle (first one).
You can't tell if @15 punches the QB nor if #9 knees him.