Author Topic: Guardian Caps  (Read 373 times)

Offline theride

• FAN REACTION: +1/-12
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Guardian Caps
« on: August 14, 2023, 11:19:44 AM »
If Guardian Caps are permitted by the NFHS to be worn in games, why are they not addressed in the NFHS Rules book?

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
Re: Guardian Caps
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 11:37:14 AM »
At our state clinic the now departed NC Asst Commissioner for Officiating briefly touched on it during the power point presentation.  When the slide popped up, he said "If you see these, leave them alone", and that's all that was said.

I agree, it is unlike the Fed to do this and not put it in writing.

Also I've seen a source that the "pacifier" style mouthpiece from Battle was also declared illegal but it was not covered in our presentation and I've seen nothing official from the Fed nor the state office.

I'd say let's stop worrying so much about carpet bombing us with marketing e-mails and get back to doing more at the basic fundamental essential information level.  But that's just me being, well, you know......

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Guardian Caps
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 11:44:31 AM »
At our state clinic the now departed NC Asst Commissioner for Officiating briefly touched on it during the power point presentation.  When the slide popped up, he said "If you see these, leave them alone", and that's all that was said.

I agree, it is unlike the Fed to do this and not put it in writing.

Also I've seen a source that the "pacifier" style mouthpiece from Battle was also declared illegal but it was not covered in our presentation and I've seen nothing official from the Fed nor the state office.

I'd say let's stop worrying so much about carpet bombing us with marketing e-mails and get back to doing more at the basic fundamental essential information level.  But that's just me being, well, you know......

The pacifier mouthpiece was addressed in our meeting, and it was stated that it was illegal because of the dangling ring. If that piece was removed, then it would be legal. However, I don't know what makes that different than the mouthpieces with the tether to the facemask.

I don't know. It's not my place to ask why.