Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
In my estimation the determining Factor here is: would the ball have gone into the end zone had no one touched it? Huddle up on the goal line and come up with an answer!
Non-Officiating Discussion / Re: Morning humor
« Last post by ElvisLives on Today at 04:55:35 PM »
BEFORE he walks or strikes out? That would be 5 - 3 balls and 2 strikes. So what’s the trick answer?

A good way to determine if a new force has been applied to a grounded ball is answer three questions:

#1. Did the applied impetus change the forward/backward direction of the ball? In other words, did it cause a forward-rolling ball to go backward? Or vise-versa. if it did, it's a new force.

#2. Did the applied impetus cause a stationary ball to start moving again? If it did, it's a new force.

#3. Did the player applying the applied impetus do so intentionally? If so, it's illegal batting/kicking.

In the case of the errant snap, the initial force is the snap, and as long as there was no intentional effort by either team to put the ball in the endzone, they can bat it around all they want, as long as they don't change the initial direction, it's the force of the snap that puts the ball in the endzone. So, safety.
Non-Officiating Discussion / Re: Morning humor
« Last post by Ralph Damren on Today at 06:14:08 AM »
Big ole' Bubba is a runner at 1st with 2 outs. Lil' Sam is coming to bat. His coach pulls him over and instructs : "Sam, yo know you can't hit Lefty, the pitcher, so just leave you bat here and maybe you'll walk. "

* NFHS don't require a batter to have a bat, he just can't have an illegal one.

WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PITCHES THAT LIL' SAM CAN TAKE BEFORE HE EITHER WALKS (HAPPLY ENDING) OR STRIKES OUT (SAD ENDING). ??? ??? ??? tR:oLl
NCAA Discussion / Re: 2024 CFO Quiz 2
« Last post by ElvisLives on Yesterday at 08:11:11 PM »
On Question 1: At the clinic last weekend, Shaw confirmed that the two-minute time-out will not buy a player back into the game; his team still needs to take a time-out.

On Question 3, the play clock is set to 40 per 2023 Bulletin No. 1.

On Question 6, no time-out is granted per 2023 Bulletin No. 1 in 2023, although it also is not charged.

Thanks for reminding me/us about the bulletin. I should note that in my rule book (at least I should have for 2023). Perhaps the rule, itself, will be edited to reflect this for 2024, to state that consecutive requests for a timeout will not be granted. A note like, "Note: Following a timeout requested for a replay challenge that overturns the call, the timeout is not charged to the team, but it counts as a requested timeout for the purposes of rule 3-3-4." Or something like that.  :)
« Last post by DJW201 on Yesterday at 02:51:13 PM »
On Question 1: At the clinic last weekend, Shaw confirmed that the two-minute time-out will not buy a player back into the game; his team still needs to take a time-out.

On Question 3, the play clock is set to 40 per 2023 Bulletin No. 1.

On Question 6, no time-out is granted per 2023 Bulletin No. 1 in 2023, although it also is not charged.
« Last post by Maineac on Yesterday at 01:24:27 PM »
Thanks for posting. Good to look at your reasoning.
« Last post by ElvisLives on Yesterday at 01:13:35 PM »
Question 3, wouldn’t B54 have to leave the game for the next down, as his helmet came off not as the direct result of a foul by the opponent (unless Team B takes a timeout)?

Yes. Same issue. I was thinking about the fact that the game clock was stopped for another reason beside the helmet off, but that doesn’t affect his ability to participate in the next down - only that there would be no opportunity for a 10SS if the game clock was under 2 minutes in the 2nd/4th period, which is not at all the case, here. I will make that correction, as well.
Thanks.
« Last post by Maineac on Yesterday at 11:49:10 AM »
Question 3, wouldn’t B54 have to leave the game for the next down, as his helmet came off not as the direct result of a foul by the opponent (unless Team B takes a timeout)?
« Last post by Maineac on Yesterday at 10:40:02 AM »
So, in this case, yes, B55 may not participate in the next down, unless Team B ‘buys’ him back into the game with a a charged team time out. Can they do that when the clock is stopped for the 2MTO?
I believe they can, however I am not 💯 on this yet. Still figuring it out until the books come out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10