Author Topic: Clock operator card  (Read 3374 times)

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
Clock operator card
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »
Do any of my fellow Bs have clock operator materials they'd like to share? I'm looking for something that simply summarizes when the operator should use 25/40, what the signals mean, and other instructions such as 'don't reset the play clock if it hits 0'. I know the UIL put out a sheet with some of this info, but I was hoping for notecard size and more than what was on that sheet. I could make one myself but thought I'd check here first.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
Re: Clock operator card
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:38:25 AM »
This is old, but a place to start if you don't want to start from scratch.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Williams

• FAN REACTION: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »
not card size, but...

Offline clearwall

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
Thanks, y'all. Yeah, Williams, that's the UIL sheet I was referencing. I got that the other day but I noticed that a few of the items could be combined(off TO, team TO). I will prob use it as my starting point but need to get it more in a hand-held size.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 11:14:34 PM »
I would like to get one that says when to actually start the 40.  Our clock operators have been starting it when the ball gets spotted and not on the officials signal.  We had to work with them during scrimmages as they apparently haven't be getting the video training that was provided to them or all the other instructions.  I will just hand carry the card to each game.

Offline bmtjim

• FAN REACTION: +5/-4
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:21:21 AM »
Try this one.

Offline bmtjim

• FAN REACTION: +5/-4
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 06:25:52 AM »
Some how the format I have does not transfer well to a post, or maybe it is my computer skills, but the attachment is nothing like what is intended.  Please ignore it. Maybe this will work better.

25 SECONDS                  40 SECONDS
KICKOFF                     DEAD BALL SIGNAL
TIME OUT                     INCOMPLETE PASS
   CALLED                  SIDELINE WIND
   TEAM A INJURY/HELMET         CLOCK STOP OOB
   MEDIA                  DOUBLE ARM RESET
POINT AFTER                   TEAM B INJURY/HELMET
PENALTY
TEAM B FIRST DOWN
NEW PERIOD
REPLAY
SINGLE ARM RESET
ALL HELMET UNDER A MINUTE

Offline clearwall

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »
I used everyone's submissions and made one to my personal liking. If you would like to use this one, feel free. Just print this double-sided and cut it up. The size of it only allows me to print two per page which is kind of frustrating(was hoping to get 4 out of this but oh well). Hope this helps someone.