Author Topic: Cancelled Games  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Covid 22

• FAN REACTION: +6/-11
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Cancelled Games
« on: September 17, 2020, 08:00:54 AM »
Three central Texas games cancelled:

Lampasas - China Spring

Rosebud-Lott - Johnson City

Cameron - Franklin

Any others that you know about?   

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
Re: Cancelled Games
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 08:21:56 AM »
I heard Eastland vs Breckenridge cancelled, more west Texas than central though.

Offline Covid 22

• FAN REACTION: +6/-11
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »
I was wondering about everywhere in Texas.   The information below is from a County Judge's weekly report.  I have deleted the county name.   The UIL must be attending every game.

COUNTY COVID REPORT
Thursday, September 17, 2020

1.Over the past weeks our overall numbers have come down throughout the County. This is a direct result of wearing face coverings. More and more citizens are wearing masks consistently when out in public. Please continue to wear a face covering, keep your distance and wash your hands.

2.Remember when you are at a school sporting event, including all football, you must wear a mask. The UIL is strictly enforcing this requirement and if we fail to comply, UIL could take away a score or even cancel the season.

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 10:08:56 AM »
Well, they're obviously not at all games in West Texas, I've only had two Friday nights where the coaches wore masks, and one was a scrimmage, and every game (JV/V) Ive yet to see anyone in the stands wearing a mask.  If some are, they are a very, very small minority.

Offline JDM

• FAN REACTION: +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 11:45:22 AM »
Well, they're obviously not at all games in West Texas, I've only had two Friday nights where the coaches wore masks, and one was a scrimmage, and every game (JV/V) Ive yet to see anyone in the stands wearing a mask.  If some are, they are a very, very small minority.

Therein lies part of the problem in stemming this pandemic.