Author Topic: Simulated Substitution  (Read 575 times)

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
Simulated Substitution
« on: June 29, 2023, 08:10:04 PM »
Looking through the AR's in 9-2-2 and noticed something that let me wondering if I'm thinking of this correctly.

AR 9-2-2-VI is a simulated substitution play involving multiple players and the ruling states it is a Team A foul, but no indication if each player gets credit for one UNS towards possible ejection.  Or is this simply charged to the team?

AR 9-2-2-VIII is a simulated substitution play that involves a single player and that player is called out in the ruling for committing a UNS so I assume that would give him credit for one UNS towards possible ejection.

So if it's a group of players it's charged to the team but if it's a single player, it's charged directly to that lone player.  Am I missing something?

Online ETXZebra

• FAN REACTION: +18/-7
Re: Simulated Substitution
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 08:35:57 PM »
Not sure if that’s the way it was meant, but sure is the way it reads.

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 09:37:58 PM »
Not sure if that’s the way it was meant, but sure is the way it reads.

A question on the NCAA test has a scenario where knowing what is intended is important.  The test scenario is a play that involves one player.  The only two answer options are Team UNS and Player UNS with a counter towards a possible ejection.

Offline lonnieritch1981

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 10:06:38 AM »
My understanding of this rule is that in the case presented in the AR there is an assumption that this player (or these players) did not act alone or on his own recognizance.  Therefore, it is ruled a team foul and the player is not charged with it.

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 02:23:21 PM »
I would rule a team UNS in both instances.