Author Topic: State Championship Wrap Up  (Read 1173 times)

Offline CosmoKramer

• FAN REACTION: +4/-0
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
State Championship Wrap Up
« on: December 19, 2022, 09:02:27 AM »
First of all, congratulations to everyone selected to work this past week/weekend.  Job well done to get there and the state was represented very well.  Every crew let "the kids play" and the games were determined by the players.  Well done Texas and TASO.  In my opinion and based on various aspects that are not judgement call related but rather more mechanically and game management related below is my listing:

1. 3AD2-Tyler
2. 4AD2-Fort Worth
3. 6AD1-San Antonio
4. 3AD1-Tyler
5. 4AD1-College Station
6. 6AD2 -Houston
7. 1AD2-Fort Worth
8. 1AD1-Fort Worth
9. 5AD1- Houston
10. 5AD2- Fort Worth
11. 2AD1-Tyler
12. 2AD2-Fort Worth

Offline TxSkyBolt

• FAN REACTION: +45/-46
Re: State Championship Wrap Up
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 12:51:04 PM »
First of all, congratulations to everyone selected to work this past week/weekend.  Job well done to get there and the state was represented very well.  Every crew let "the kids play" and the games were determined by the players.  Well done Texas and TASO.  In my opinion and based on various aspects that are not judgement call related but rather more mechanically and game management related below is my listing:

1. 3AD2-Tyler
2. 4AD2-Fort Worth
3. 6AD1-San Antonio
4. 3AD1-Tyler
5. 4AD1-College Station
6. 6AD2 -Houston
7. 1AD2-Fort Worth
8. 1AD1-Fort Worth
9. 5AD1- Houston
10. 5AD2- Fort Worth
11. 2AD1-Tyler
12. 2AD2-Fort Worth
We could leave the ranking off IMO. Adds nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skeeter

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 11:06:08 PM »

1. 3AD2-Tyler
2. 4AD2-Fort Worth
3. 6AD1-San Antonio
4. 3AD1-Tyler
5. 4AD1-College Station
6. 6AD2 -Houston
7. 1AD2-Fort Worth
8. 1AD1-Fort Worth
9. 5AD1- Houston
10. 5AD2- Fort Worth
11. 2AD1-Tyler
12. 2AD2-Fort Worth

makes you wonder why certain chapters have multiple games.

Offline DieHardCubFan

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 09:08:58 PM »
makes you wonder why certain chapters have multiple games.

Because these crews are some of the top crews across the state? 

Because the coaches (who will never give up their option of picking the officials, no matter how much people whine, bitch, and moan) do their research and select the crews that they feel will do the best job for their game, with no preference given by the selected acres on who wins or loses.

Offline skeeter

• FAN REACTION: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 10:46:30 PM »

Because the coaches (who will never give up their option of picking the officials, no matter how much people whine, bitch, and moan) do their research and select the crews that they feel will do the best job for their game, with no preference given by the selected acres on who wins or loses.

i would disagree with you about the best crews.

many are picked because of their relationships(off the field) with coaches and/or TASO excuitive board.

things like this is what is killing smaller chapters and giving more power to certain people.

just one of many reason you keep losing qualifed officials year after year.

Online dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 09:32:39 PM »

You're giving an awful lot of credit to coaches here.  They want officials that are going to benefit them, period.  Every chapter, in the state has officials that are more than capable, and I'd go to bat for any official in this state that they can be objective and have enough integrity to not play favorites when officiating.

I've had a coach - who I believe is on a UIL committee, no less - tell me that if I want to be selected for a playoff game, I don't throw a flag against his team in a particular situation again (I was working his sideline.)  It was a flag that I'd throw every time (LOS foul that was not even close.) 

At the state meeting golf tournament this year, I heard with my own ears an official bragging that 'yeah, before the draft, my umpire talked to the coach and definitely got us the big Aldine vs ___ game.'  (Yes, I know what team it was; no, I will not publicly say.)

Thinking that coaches don't abuse the current system, and that some officials game it too, is just being oblivious to the facts around you.  And saying the system will never change, is defeatist as well.  As long as we keep blindly accepting a tainted system that encourages corruption, it never will change.  I will never ever stop criticizing the current process; the vast majority of the ones who defend it are the very ones who profit the most from it.