Author Topic: Houston TASO Elections  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Coby

• FAN REACTION: +24/-72
Houston TASO Elections
« on: October 18, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »
Gentlemen,

If you have not heard by now I am running for Houston TASO President and Vice President during this upcoming election.  My main campaign stance is.... not doing what the previous administration has done.  This includes: letting people speak at meetings, not having constitutional amendments sit around unvoted on for 18+ months, returning emails, Sharing information with all members this includes survey data and magical spread sheets, and not having hypocritical policies throughout the chapter.

In all seriousness I will attempt to move the chapter away from the mindset of the number of games I call determines my whole self worth in life.  If elected I will remove myself from Saturday games at the picks and make myself unavailable for board assigned playoff games.  Hopefully others will follow suit.

I ran 9 years ago and got 16 votes.  I think this year will be much different.

Post your questions I have nothing to hide.

Thanks

Coby Rhoden

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
Re: Houston TASO Elections
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:20:14 PM »
Can you go into more details about what you'd like to see done with the crew evaluation criteria?

Offline Coby

• FAN REACTION: +24/-72
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 09:20:42 AM »
I believe the best thing to do is use the tools we have available to implement such a system.  For instance, if a coach sends in 5 bad plays via HUDL then the crew in question can send in 5 good plays from that game.  The evaluators can then look at 10 plays from the game and do an evaluation.  I would even go so far as to give the crew extra points for sending in 5 good plays because then we know they have actually looked at the whole game film. 

We should also incorporate zebraware evaluations into the system.  Yes I realize coaches evals are not as good as ref evals but they are the next best group of people to evaluate us.  It is a quantitative number that can be supplied every week.  With this being said if a coach fails a crew and does not provide a HUDL clip to justify the failure I will throw the evaluation out. 

Online Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »
Any update?
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline Ump62

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »
According to the Houston Web Site the election is Nov 11th.
It's interesting the Coby is running for both President AND Vice President.

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »
Vote early, vote often. :)