Author Topic: Being out of bounds and touching ball inbounds  (Read 9908 times)

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
Re: Being out of bounds and touching ball inbounds
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2022, 08:06:27 AM »
On a personal note, back in 2000 the Patriots had never won a Super Bowl and the Red Sox hadn't won a World Series since 1918  :( !

And Nick Saban had not won a National Championship.

Offline refjeff

• FAN REACTION: +19/-30
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2022, 10:34:21 AM »
The thing is though, do you also call KOB and have these fouls offset?  Or just IP?  If so, is it previous spot enforcement?
I too wish the Case Book gave a better answer but, since it does not say it is KOB and offsetting I assume that is not the case. 

And yes, when it comes to rule book I hate assuming.

The KOB rule is the most misunderstood rule in the book.  Very good officials disagree on what the rule is, even with the rule book in their hand.  Even Mr. Damren prefaces his answers with "IMHO."

I think I know the rule, but I do not know that I know the rule.

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2022, 11:02:30 AM »
I too wish the Case Book gave a better answer but, since it does not say it is KOB and offsetting I assume that is not the case. 

And yes, when it comes to rule book I hate assuming.

The KOB rule is the most misunderstood rule in the book.  Very good officials disagree on what the rule is, even with the rule book in their hand.  Even Mr. Damren prefaces his answers with "IMHO."

I think I know the rule, but I do not know that I know the rule.

Where Nov. 1 is the deadline for proposing rule changes, this will have to wait until next year. While adding to 6-1-9 : "It is only a foul if the ball becomes out of bounds while on or above out of bounds territory." should help clearify.

z^ OPINIONS/SUGGESTIONS , ANYONE?  z^

:sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR: :sTiR:  (7-MAN CREW)