Author Topic: Blindside block on the ball carrier  (Read 8000 times)

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Blindside block on the ball carrier
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2019, 01:53:27 PM »
I usually respond with, “why don’t you do the coaching and let me do the calling.” #notreally  But i have thought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline js in sc

• FAN REACTION: +17/-7
Re: Blindside block on the ball carrier
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2019, 06:39:11 PM »
I usually respond with, “why don’t you do the coaching and let me do the calling.” #notreally  But i have thought it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, in my early years my mouth engaged before my filter and I said it.  After ratting me out to the white hat, it was a long time before I spoke to a coach, or could sit down.  He rightly chewed me a new one.

Offline refjeff

• FAN REACTION: +19/-30
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2019, 05:59:39 AM »
  I was the coach on the field, and started hollering for a flag to be thrown. 
  And they still didn't throw a flag?

That's amazing.

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2019, 08:17:33 AM »
In fact a similar situation is how I got into being an official.  Jr Peewee, we were on defense.  False start by Off, play is blown dead.  Instead of stopping, TE gets a running start on the CB on his side, poor kid was picking his nose or something, and levels him.  And I mean, leveled him as in season-ending concussion.  I was the coach on the field, and started hollering for a flag to be thrown.  Closest ref just looks at me, shrugs his shoulders, and says meh, I didn't see him hit him.  Wanted to punch him for his indifference, not because he thought it wasn't flag worthy. (It was, and the kid should have been tossed.  Even at jr pee wee they know better.)

Out of curiosity, which words did you have with the opposing coach, as he is the one who hadn't coached his players well enough to not to do that? I assume that you wanted to punch him really bad, if you wanted to punch the official.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »
Just as Coaches and Officials provide different, necessary services and responsibilities to insure a successful football game, both chickens and pigs collaborate to provide a successful bacon and eggs breakfast, that doesn't mean their respective roles are automatically interchangeable.

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2019, 02:26:28 PM »
Out of curiosity, which words did you have with the opposing coach, as he is the one who hadn't coached his players well enough to not to do that? I assume that you wanted to punch him really bad, if you wanted to punch the official.

None.  although I felt it was dirty and unnecessary, it didn’t fit their style of play, and honestly I wasn’t even that upset with the kid... My anger was directed at the ref for his indifference, not because I thought a flag would have magically prevented the injury.