Author Topic: iPad Video Player...built by an official  (Read 12807 times)

RazorRef

iPad Video Player...built by an official
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:22:41 AM »
Hey guys,

I spent a year waiting on someone to build an app that would help me breakdown game film better before deciding to just do it myself.  I've just released version 1.0 of what I call "Replay Booth" on iTunes.  The app allows you to look at film frame-by-frame and slo-mo.  Also, you can jump to any time (say you have the game report in front of you) instead of using the clumsy scroll bar on the standard player.  You can also draw on the video.  I've used this with a local study group (the app has video out capability) to show where officials should be or where officials should be looking.  I've also used it in coaching my Varsity softball team.  I've slowed down softball swings to show them dropping their hands, lifting there heads, etc. 

I have a ton more I want to do with the app, but I plan to release updates every so often.  In fact, I've got one coming up soon that includes, among others, the ability to loop a play over and over until you're done looking at it. 

You can check out more at www.replayboothapp.com.  If you have any comments, you can post them here or post them on the website under Future Development.  I hope it helps you guys.

Thanks go to Grant for allowing me to post this here. 

Grant - AR

Re: iPad Video Player...built by an official
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
I think this is a great idea and will be a great tool for officials.    aWaRd

Offline MrFbOfficial

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
Awesome idea!  Are there any plans to have this App available on other Operating Systems (specifically webOS)??

Here is a link discussing the ability to make your iOS Apps into webOS Apps:  http://developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2034&Itemid=20

The reason I ask is that HP's Touchpad (tablet) is coming out this summer and I am considering purchasing it and would love to have your application on it.

Thanks

RazorRef

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 12:11:01 PM »
I would like to get this on any type of machine.  So far, I've had people ask me to port it to Mac, Windows, Android and ot webOS.  I will definitely look at your link and try to get this ported by the time the Touchpad is released.  Thank you for the link and suggestion!

younggun

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
This was the whole reason I wanted one... to be able to do something like this.... Great idea....

Offline MrFbOfficial

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 09:36:06 AM »

RazorRef,
Here is a little more detailed information for iOS Developers to start developing webOS apps from HP... here it is:

Quick Start - iOS Developers
If you've been developing for iOSŪ and are looking to expand your audience, we're here to help. Getting started with webOS is easy! If your current focus is OpenGL/SDL, then the transition will be simplicity itself. We have lots of great stories of developers porting their OpenGL apps very quickly. You can use the publicly available 2.1 SDK to do OpenGL/SDL development now with the included Plug-in Development Kit (PDK). Best of all, the PDK integrates nicely with  Xcode.

If your focus is web app development, you'll want to look at Enyo, our next-generation JavaScript framework. Enyo makes it easy to construct beautiful, modular apps. The webOS 3.0 SDK, which includes Enyo, is currently in our Early Access Program. Sign up for a developer account and request early access to start using this exciting new framework!

Ready to get started?

1. Sign up for our developer program
      It's free! Once you've signed up, email pdc@palm.com to request early access to the webOS 3.0 SDK.

2. Try the Enyo sample app or the OpenGL sample app
      Choose the sample that's most appropriate for your skill set.

3. Check out our Resources pages
      Get more information on developing for webOS. Or go straight to the Reference section to get all the details.

https://developer.palm.com/content/resources/develop/quick_start_ios.html

RazorRef

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
An update was released today:

- Smooth scroll forward or backward by holding down the ffd or rew buttons
- Multicolor drawing ability
- Access to iPad's photo library (Those with iPad2's can record using the camera and then use replay booth to look at them)
- Loop a segment will allow you to look at a play over and over until you're done with it

An android version is now in development.  MrFbOfficial, I haven't forgot about you.

Enjoy!

Offline MrFbOfficial

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »
MrFbOfficial, I haven't forgot about you.

Take your time, no need to rush!  Didn't mean to pester and/or flood the thread. 

RazorRef

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
Update 1.2 has been approved and should now be available.  New features include:

- Ability to email a clip from a video  aWaRd
- Open a video from another app (such as Mail) in Replay Booth
- Delete videos directly from Replay Booth

ENJOY!

Wing4Life

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
I've downloaded "Replay Booth" and it's a phenomenal app. My favorite of all the apps that I have on my iPad2. &, for the price, it's really cool. Being able to email a clip with such ease is absolutely spectacular.  pHiNzuP

RazorRef

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
The Android version has been released and can be found on the Android Marketplace.  I haven't completed all the features found on the Apple version, but will be doing so shortly.  Enjoy!

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 08:33:59 AM »
just d/loaded the Android version for my Xoom - thanks heaps.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:30:53 PM by Aussie-Zebra »
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

ZebraDan

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:34 PM »
That's it... now I HAVE TO get the iPad2. Great idea -- wish I'd thought of it.

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
Any idea when you might have the android version opening mpg files ?
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

RazorRef

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
This has been a very difficult problem.  Decoding on the fly with the XOOM hardware has had very poor results.  I've been looking into other solutions, but haven't had much luck yet.  I will continue to work the problem.  I know it's a pain to convert.  I just wish everyone used the .h264 encoder so that all tablets (xoom, ipad, etc) would be able to play them all.