Author Topic: Lorena vs Lago Vista  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Covid 22

• FAN REACTION: +6/-11
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Lorena vs Lago Vista
« on: December 10, 2021, 08:26:12 AM »
Watched a good part of the game last night on TV.   The crew was very good.   The Referee had one announcement that confused everybody.  When he made the announcement, I thought he was going to make a big mistake. Lago goes for it on 4th down and is stopped short.  After the play, flag for Unsportsmanlike Conduct on Lorena.  R announces "15 yards and automatic first down."  U spots ball with R in the area.  TV announcers are confused and both teams have offense and defense coming on the field.  R (sheepishly)realizes what he did and corrects himself that it was a dead ball foul after change of possession.    No harm/no foul and like I said they were a very good crew.

Two questions if anybody knows the answer or one of the game officials is on the board.
1. After one of the early long runs for touchdown by Lorena and while the players were headed to the bench area, the U or BJ heaved a flag high into the air as a Lago Vista player went by him.  What did he say?
2. In the second half there was a live ball foul on 1st down for LV deep in Lorena territory. A couple of plays later, the TV graphics showed 3rd down but officials showed 4th and they kicked a FG.  I also thought that is was 3rd but wasn't sure.  Was it actually 4th?

Thanks.  I hope all of the rest of this weekends games are as well officiated and next weeks also.

MOD NOTE: we do not identify officials or crew in the forum. Please see the stickies note at top of this section.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 11:46:17 AM by Etref »

Offline blindtxzebra

• FAN REACTION: +1/-1
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Lorena vs Lago Vista
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 11:31:07 AM »
Live ball foul was on 2nd down. It was 4th down when the FG was kicked.

Offline backjudge85

• FAN REACTION: +9/-3
Re: Lorena vs Lago Vista
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 09:29:22 AM »
In question #1, the player headbutted an opponent and that caused the UNS.