Author Topic: Taunting live ball foul?  (Read 4705 times)

StudyingFutureZebra

Taunting live ball foul?
« on: October 31, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24162771/nfl-could-consider-negating-tds-that-involve-taunting-penalties

Golden Tate absolutely should have drawn a flag for this, which he was assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, but should the NFL copy the NCAA's live ball foul rule?

My own opinion: no. Don't call back touchdowns over something that doesn't affect the outcome of a game. Should it be flagged? Absolutely. But assess it on the kickoff.

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
Re: Taunting live ball foul?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 09:13:30 AM »

My own opinion: no. Don't call back touchdowns over something that doesn't affect the outcome of a game. Should it be flagged? Absolutely. But assess it on the kickoff.

Blatant taunting like this absolutely has an impact on the game and can have an effect on the outcome. It engenders ill will between opponents and can cause a game to hit the sewer faster than anything else when the players decide that they've had enough.

Taking points off the board is a pretty big hammer and I think it has had the desired effect in the NCAA.

Soccerisfootball

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
Take the points off of the board will stop it quick.  I wish they would do that in games played by NFHS rules.

StudyingFutureZebra

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »
If I was the one who had to throw the flag for that on a game-winning touchdown, I'd sure hope someone would be nice enough to get my car started before the game ended.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:03:33 PM »
If I was the one who had to throw the flag for that on a game-winning touchdown, I'd sure hope someone would be nice enough to get my car started before the game ended.
Do that in my neck of the woods and the car won't be there when the game is over.  :!#
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

StudyingFutureZebra

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
Do that in my neck of the woods and the car won't be there when the game is over.  :!#

On an unrelated note, that's one of the nice things about the small towns, like where I grew up. I once left my Garmin on the passenger seat of my car with my door unlocked, and it was still there an hour later. You can actually trust some people, who knew!?