Author Topic: HARK, 'TIS TIME FOR SANTA'S WISH LIST........  (Read 4677 times)

Online ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
Re: HARK, 'TIS TIME FOR SANTA'S WISH LIST........
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2024, 02:01:27 PM »
If I remember correctly, knee pads were a POE in NCAA a few years ago (a quick google search says it was in 2018) -- and I remember watching the first game of the season of the local college where the crew took it to heart and removed multiple players on both teams in the first couple plays. Suddenly, it all stopped -- after about play 5, never again. I think somebody told them to knock it off, and the immediately rescinded the POE and it was never mentioned again. I do NOT think they players learned their lesson and started covering their knees, mostly because I was standing on the sideline and could easily see they were not.

And that’s the way that cookie crumbled.🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2024, 08:04:55 AM »
While I can't tell you what's hot and what's not, I can tell you that Steve Shaw, a NCAA rules guru, spoke. An early question was : "Why doesn't the NCAA have a rule regarding knee pads and the lack thereoff  ??? ???" His answer was :"We do, the coaches just won't enforce it :o :o !" There seemed to be something misplaced with such a pecking order  :o ::) hEaDbAnG.

I’m sure Steve meant “The coaches don’t want it enforced.”

BTW: Did you get an answer as to why Illegal Touching behind the LOS was exempted from spot-of-foul enforcement?

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2024, 09:37:49 AM »
I’m sure Steve meant “The coaches don’t want it enforced.”

BTW: Did you get an answer as to why Illegal Touching behind the LOS was exempted from spot-of-foul enforcement?
As we Mainers would say : " 'Spect that says the coaches rule the roost  :puke: ,AYUH". Maybe televised NCAA football games should have a leading disclaimer reading "Don't Try This at Home."

From someone I figured would know : "Most illegal touching fouls occur by ineligible recievers illegally touching a forward pass downfield."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 01:19:32 PM by Ralph Damren »