Author Topic: The new rule will........  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: The new rule will........
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2024, 12:14:36 PM »
While we are waiting and have already figured out leap year, how about when does Easter occur  ??? ??? ???

Offline NVFOA_Ump

• FAN REACTION: +99/-283
  • High School (MA & RI)
    • Massachusetts Independent Football Officials Association
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2024, 07:00:16 AM »
It's on a Sunday I believe?  ;D
It's easy to get the players, getting 'em to play together, that's the hard part. - Casey Stengel

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2024, 11:03:26 AM »
It's on a Sunday I believe?  ;D
You've got 1/3 of the factor of when the Easter bunny comes a hopin'....who' has the other two  ??? ???

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2024, 02:40:25 PM »
You've got 1/3 of the factor of when the Easter bunny comes a hopin'....who' has the other two  ??? ???
If I'm not wrong, Easter is the first Sunday after the First full moon after the Spring equinox...

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2024, 08:33:06 AM »
Calhoun NAILED IT  aWaRd.

The back story that I heard/read was:

Roman Emperor Constantine was the first emperor to embrace Christianity. However, he was bothered by many Christians taking different days off from work to pilgramage to Calvary. The AFL/CIO had not yet formed, so Constantine was in charge and asked the Christian leaders  to meet and decide on a fixed day. The leaders met ,argued, but couldn't agree (sorta' like our congress). So Consty stepped in and issued the following decree (sorta' like an excitive order):

(1) Easter should be on a Sunday as that was the Christian day of worship.

(2) The Resurrection is symbolic of re-birth. Spring is also symbolic of re-birth. Easter should be after the turn of Spring.

(3) The mode of travel of most Romans on their Pilgramage was walking day and night. There was very few street lights back in Rome then. Walking under a full moon would be easier.

There you have it and no Elvis, I wasn't in town yet back in 300 AD  ;) . Like our rules book there has to be an exception:

Full moons differ, depending on where on our planet you call home. In case the moon is full in part of the planet but not the other when Spring comes, the tie breaker is if full over Greewich meridian after Spring equinox.
 :angel: :bOW :bOW :angel:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:36:13 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2024, 11:02:36 AM »

There you have it and no Elvis, I wasn't in town yet back in 300 AD  ;)

Fibber. I'm pretty sure I saw you hangin' out at the Colosseum, waiting to officiate the gladiator matches. I believe I heard you telling some poor, doomed gladiator that you were on the rules committee.

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2024, 12:35:27 PM »
Fibber. I'm pretty sure I saw you hangin' out at the Colosseum, waiting to officiate the gladiator matches. I believe I heard you telling some poor, doomed gladiator that you were on the rules committee.
I'm unsure that the gladiators had any rules other the emperor's signal upon completion of  :thumbup (the vanquished can stick around" or  pi1eOn
(off with his head or whatever) aBdUcT. Oh'but those were the daze  tR:oLl .

Offline ted skoundrianos

• FAN REACTION: +3/-6
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2024, 10:00:11 PM »
Ralph, are any state associations using expermentation football propose rules in 2024 season.

Offline NVFOA_Ump

• FAN REACTION: +99/-283
  • High School (MA & RI)
    • Massachusetts Independent Football Officials Association
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2024, 07:43:03 AM »
Ralph, any recent rumor mill updates on when to expect the official 2024 editorial changes to be posted?
It's easy to get the players, getting 'em to play together, that's the hard part. - Casey Stengel

Offline Ralph Damren

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2024, 06:57:31 AM »
Sorry, Gu5ys, on my slow esponse as I've been on vacation in sunny NC. Ole' Dell is a desktop and doesn't make road trips. I'm unaware of any experimental rules being applied for and I'm with you guys on waiting for the 'clairifications' on Rule 10.