Author Topic: I guess this will make 44 games a year the new high water mark  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Coby

• FAN REACTION: +24/-72
I guess this will make 44 games a year the new high water mark
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
http://www.khou.com/videos/news/local/2014/09/25/wednesday-night-lights/15025668/

With our lack of young members, and people getting into officiating schools may have to do this to have officials at their games pretty soon.

Offline TexDoc

• FAN REACTION: +98/-26
Re: I guess this will make 44 games a year the new high water mark
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
Wow, I would bet there aren't any or very few 7 team school districts in the state without a second venue.  That makes a big scheduling problem.  Do they have multiple games on Saturdays?

Offline TxKeith

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 05:05:15 PM »
TexDoc - to answer your question, yes, I have called games at Rhodes Stadium and they have Saturdays with double headers.  Usually once they get into district play.

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +33/-46
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 12:17:03 AM »
If the district won't build another stadium (I don't blame the voters for not wanting to spend the money), then the only option is to play somewhere else. That might change their minds, however, the small number of people that attend the games (or are parents) may not sway the vote at all. After the Allen ISD fiasco, no one is going to be in a big hurry to build a stadium that's not absolutely necessary. And then, they won't be spending 60 mil.

In fact, I wonder if the problem is not the stadium itself but a proposal for a stadium that is Allen-esque, but with cured concrete.

Online Etref

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +85/-28
  • " I don't make the rules coach!"
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
If they would put in an auxillary stadium instead of a mega palace, the voters might go along.

As an official, yeah we like calling at the nice venues and the kids like playing at them. But money is money.
" I don't make the rules coach!"

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »
Why cant they expand the JV fields? Do you really have to have a multi-million dollar poured concrete and brick building with columns, arches, and megatrons to play HS ball? If seating and restrooms is a concern then add more and spend 50k instead of 1m and do it.

Offline Coby

• FAN REACTION: +24/-72
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »
I agree with you in general.  This district Katy usually has 12-15k a game.  The parking for the game and the seats for the band are the real issues.  You can not expand the JV stadium or have the games on campus.  It would be a nightmare.

Offline clearwall

• FAN REACTION: +14/-13
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 12:06:54 PM »
How much does Reliant charge to hold games there? You won't build a stad, you won't expand school sites, you have to have the game SOMEWHERE