Author Topic: Same color uniforms?  (Read 3085 times)

Offline QAfta

• FAN REACTION: +2/-2
Same color uniforms?
« on: September 18, 2016, 08:47:49 PM »
I was watching High School Scoreboard after I got home Friday night trying to turn off for the night and noticed a game.  John Tyler vs Rockwall teams had uniforms with one in black and the other in grey.  There wasn't much contrast between them.  Both had black helmets in fact.  Did anyone else see this?  And should we have made the home team change?  I know I would have had a hard time all night at BJ, let alone U with all those bodies. 

Offline mishatx

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
  • Free Agent
Re: Same color uniforms?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 09:38:32 PM »

yes, the home team should have changed.  I don't know how practical that is, though.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 10:47:42 PM »
Practical? They are the HOME team. All they have to do is run into their HOME locker room and change.
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +33/-46
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 11:25:26 PM »
It was at Tyler and JT's stadium is not on campus. So changing might not have been feasible -- at least, in the short run.

I think these two have been in the same district before so they should have been aware of this.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »
It was at Tyler and JT's stadium is not on campus. So changing might not have been feasible -- at least, in the short run.

I think these two have been in the same district before so they should have been aware of this.
Well, that certainly does make a difference, but does sound like Rockwell pays attention to the rule book when convenient. That said, did they clear the change with the home school first?
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 02:32:58 PM »
They can't complain about missing a call.  "Coach, I thought that was two teammates holding each other.  My bad."