Author Topic: Illegal forward pass?  (Read 641 times)

Offline sczeebra

• FAN REACTION: +4/-7
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Illegal forward pass?
« on: December 01, 2023, 05:54:03 PM »
I was watching a SC championship game where R recovered a free kick and retreated toward his EZ. R was contacted at the 1 and driven into the EZ from where he threw the pass. The officials marked the IFP half the distance from the 1. I think safety, anybody else think differently?

Offline refjeff

• FAN REACTION: +19/-30
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Illegal forward pass?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 06:08:48 PM »
IFP in the EZ is a safety.

If they ruled forward progress at the 1 then the play was over before the pass was thrown, and there was no foul.

If there's something else I can't figure it.

Offline NVFOA_Ump

• FAN REACTION: +99/-283
  • High School (MA & RI)
    • Massachusetts Independent Football Officials Association
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 07:16:36 AM »
The only thing that would fit this enforcement description is that the officials ruled that the IFP occurred before the ball was in the EZ.
It's easy to get the players, getting 'em to play together, that's the hard part. - Casey Stengel

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 07:29:13 AM »
Without seeing the play, the only thing I could think of is applying the ole' mo' rule that would give the ball to R at the one. I don't see any written support under 8-5-2 or 10-5-4 to enforce from R's 1, but I do see the logic.

One of our officials is the regional director of Pepsi. Pepsi has a skyview box for UMaine hockey holding 12.Once a year,  z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ z^ of us take over Pepsi's box. That 'once' is tommorrow. Officers of our chapter are invited. This will be a good question to ask them. The drinks and feast is free  eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt& eAt&. Per chance, I'll have Pepsi with my rum 8]