Author Topic: Last Friday Night Lghts......  (Read 481 times)

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Last Friday Night Lghts......
« on: October 05, 2023, 08:10:51 AM »
The game was between two not very good teams, with several mundane happenings.....

Scrambling QB with DT closinmg in....legal block by OT.... DT breaks away and is about to tackle QB... OT then BIB = ^flag ^flag (R & U).

Scrambling QB, out of FBZ, dumps pass...pass falls at feet of 2 OLs..... ^flag (R) either IG or IR...checked with U = OLs were NOT beyond LOS.

Chop block csalled by U../. ^flag.....R gives signal #41......PA announcer sez : "ER....OFFSIDES BY THE OFFENSE". He never explained why it was 15 yards  :o !

THEN...4 & 10 & K's 10....

(1) K punts,  ^flag  ^flag (R&U) for IF -5 in backfield;
(2) R1 fields punt at 50;
(3) R2 BIB  ^flag ^flag (BJ & LJ) @ K's 45;
(4) R1 runs into EZ ;
(5) K's HC runs onto field as he 'sees' a hold we then missed at K's 5..he begins his 'report' with : "F...." -it wasn't football =  ^flag ^flag (R &U) USC;
(6) Both I & U are out of flags as I head toward R's coach.....

YOU MAKE THE CALL... tiphat:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 09:13:14 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
Re: Last Friday Night Lghts......
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 09:31:04 AM »
On the 4th down play --

You have live ball fouls by both teams, so double foul, replay the down. Unless -- R wants to decline the foul on K to keep the ball and only enforce the BIB from the K45.

Once you determine that, you can then enforce the USC on K's coach from wherever the above leaves you.

Therefore, it's either 4th and 15 for K from the K5 (half the distance for the USC) or 1st and 10 for R from the K40 (K45 - 10 + 15).

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 10:41:41 AM »
You nailed it, ncwingman  aWaRd tiphat:

I started that explaination to R's coach and he stopped me by saying : " I'm a simple guy, just tell me where and what."
I responded by saying : " You can have the ball @ their 45 OR you can make them rekick from their 5 8] "
He responded : " Ayah, let's have one of them there 'do-overs' yEs:."

AND THE BAND PLAYED ON  :thumbup
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 10:43:24 AM by Ralph Damren »

Offline bossman72

• FAN REACTION: +301/-25
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 09:19:03 AM »
You nailed it, ncwingman  aWaRd tiphat:

I started that explaination to R's coach and he stopped me by saying : " I'm a simple guy, just tell me where and what."
I responded by saying : " You can have the ball @ their 45 OR you can make them rekick from their 5 8] "
He responded : " Ayah, let's have one of them there 'do-overs' yEs:."

AND THE BAND PLAYED ON  :thumbup

This is how I like to give options to coaches.  Very short and concise.  Just give them options that are results of enforcement/declinations , like you did above in bold.