Author Topic: A Heartfelt Thank You  (Read 686 times)

Offline fudilligas

• FAN REACTION: +12/-6
A Heartfelt Thank You
« on: April 06, 2023, 02:59:47 PM »
To My Fellow Zebras,

After 49 years, 35 in NY and 14 in FL, of devoting a good part of my life to HS and College officiating, 7 sports both boys and girls over that time period, my body has told be the it is time to rest.  My mind is still enthusiastic and wants to continue but the body just laughs.  However, I am not going away as  I will become an official timer in both FB and BB.

I would like to take this time to thank each and everyone of you for making me a better official.  The knowledge gained from this forum was invaluable and my only regret is that I didn't discover this forum earlier in my officiating career.  I will continue to visit  this forum to learn and aide the officials in my associaiton.

Once again thank you and the best of luck in your future officiating endeavors.

Yours In Officiating,
Roy Levin

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: A Heartfelt Thank You
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 04:03:11 PM »
A very impressive resume, Roy, and you never have to retire only leave the field for the pressbox or sidelines. We have seven retired officials on our chapter who welcome observing and working with the new officials to improve their game. Please don't just visit on occattion , but remain active  on our forum as many of us appricate your opinions.

Ralph tiphat:

Offline ElvisLives

• FAN REACTION: +161/-143
  • The rules are there if you need them.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 04:11:41 PM »
IMHO, there is no greater accolade than a simple "attaboy" from your bretheren in officiating.

ATTABOY, Roy.

Enjoy life from the pressbox, and be safe.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 06:40:34 AM »
As I continue to transition to full-time ECO/PCO, I empathize  with your “mind/body” struggle. Don’t worry — the press box is a pretty good gig!

Thanks for your service, Roy.   pHiNzuP :bOW ^good

Offline GA Umpire

• Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +30/-3
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 07:22:55 PM »
As I continue to transition to full-time ECO/PCO, I empathize  with your “mind/body” struggle. Don’t worry — the press box is a pretty good gig!

Amen!   yEs: yEs: yEs: yEs: yEs: yEs: yEs:   7-Man Crew

Offline fudilligas

• FAN REACTION: +12/-6
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 10:32:02 PM »

looking forward to being dry during the rainy season

Offline dammitbobby

• FAN REACTION: +27/-8
  • I know just enough to be dangerous...
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 09:02:44 PM »
Roy,

You started officiating about the same time I started playing organized sports.  On behalf of the thousands, if not tens of thousands of student-athletes who were able to compete and have fun, while learning discipline, sportsmanship, and other life lessons, I can only offer you the most sincere thank you.