Author Topic: NFHS APP  (Read 1608 times)

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
NFHS APP
« on: July 11, 2019, 09:33:57 AM »
Anybody using this app? Noticed it on the powerpoint presentation on this forum. Downloaded it, but can't get access to rule and casebooks. Anybody have any suggestions?

Offline dawgstripes

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
Re: NFHS APP
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 10:08:06 AM »
I think you have to pay to get rule book and casebook.
The only thing I could get to for free was the quiz.

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:41:19 AM »
Rules App features:
Searchable
Highlight notes
Bookmarks
Quizzes for all sports
Easy navigation
Immediate availability
Free to paid members of the NFHS Coaches and Officials Associations
www.nfhs.org/erules for more information

Offline CalhounLJ

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 11:42:59 AM »
The NFHS has released the NFHS Rules App, which is available via iTunes and Google Play. The NFHS Rules App contains quizzes for all NFHS sports and provides access to the NFHS Rules and Case books for each sport.

INDIVIDUAL paid members of the NFHS Coaches Association and the NFHS Officials Associations receive access to all NFHS rules as a member benefit. Note, this is not inclusive of members who join via their respective member state associations.

Member officials who join via a state association (map below), from the orange states will receive access to the rules book(s) for the sport(s) in which they are licensed by their state. Only the specific licenses rules books assigned by the state association are included in this benefit. Note: To receive this benefit, the official must be a licensed official with his/her NFHS member state association and have his/her sport(s) identified by the state association. To obtain access to a rules book for a sport in which the official is NOT licensed by the state, the user must subscribe to the book via the app.

Offline FLAHL

• FAN REACTION: +52/-9
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 12:41:45 PM »
In FL, we have access to the rule book through that app once we pay our fee to the state.  This is the second year that we have access.  The state sends an email with instructions on how to sign on, and availability is linked to the email address that we provide to the state. 

Unfortunately we don't have access to the case book.  I still buy that one from the iTunes Store.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:43:19 PM by FLAHL »

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 05:39:59 PM »
Same in NC, our state registration gets us access to the app.  The case book has not yet been updated to 2019.  If your state doesn't,
 you can buy the app or join NFHS and get access on the internet via the Central Hub on the Arbiter.

Offline KWH

• FAN REACTION: +633/-113
  • See it, Think about it, Pass on it if possible!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 06:34:54 PM »

Same in Oregon
We do have access to the 2019 Rules Book and the 2017 Case Book and the 2018 Case Book
I have the Hard Printed copy of the 2019 Case Book in my hand, but it has not been put up for electronic access as of yet
SEE everything that you CALL, but; Don't CALL everything you SEE!
Never let the Rules Book get in the way of a great ball game!

Respectfully Submitted;
Some guy on a message forum