Author Topic: Rule 10-2-5  (Read 2660 times)

saofficial(aust)

Rule 10-2-5
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »
Fouls During Or After A Touchdown, Field Goal or Try:
ARTICLE 5. a. Fouls by the nonscoring team during a down that ends in a touchdown.
1. Penalties for personal fouls are enforced on the try or the succeeding kickoff, at the option of the scoring team. If there is no kickoff the
accepted penalty is enforced on the try.
2. Penalties for all other fouls are not enforced on the try or the succeeding kickoff. Such penalties are declined by rule unless enforcement is made possible by illegal touching of a kick during the down (A.R. 6-3-2-V and VII).
Dead-ball foul or live-ball foul treated as dead-ball foul. 15 yards [S7 and S27] from the succeeding spot.

Unsportsmanlike Acts
ARTICLE 1. There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct or any act that interferes with orderly game administration on the part of players,
substitutes, coaches, authorized attendants or any other persons subject to the rules, before the game, during the game or between periods.

So can someone set me straight? Am I missing something here. Team B are scored against and after the score B48 abuses a Team A player. According to the wording above Team A can only accept the penalty on the extra point play and not carry over to the KO. Therefore the extra point is from the 1 1/2 yard line.

Is this correct or did I miss something or are USC and PF being lumped together here?

GM

Offline Kalle

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +109/-35
Re: Rule 10-2-5
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 12:48:53 AM »
Check rule 10-2-5-c which handles dead-ball fouls after the TD (and live ball fouls treated as dead ball fouls, eg. USC during the down).

saofficial(aust)

Re: Rule 10-2-5
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »
Thanks this covers it all then. Thought I was going mad in how we applied it and couldnt find back why we applied it.