Author Topic: Anyone have the text of this year's rule changes?  (Read 4551 times)

LS4a

Anyone have the text of this year's rule changes?
« on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:37 AM »
I'm doing a presentation on Rule 1 next week. I have the text from the press release for the two changes in Rule 1 but not the actual rules.

Is that available yet? Anyone know where to find it?

I've looked around a bit on the NFHS site but no luck.

thanks,
Doug
 sNiCkErS

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
Re: Anyone have the text of this year's rule changes?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 11:41:47 AM »
Won't be out til the rule books are published.  You'll have to go with the press release.

Offline TampaSteve

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +23/-13
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »
FYI. in year's past @our State's leadership conference, in June, I believe, they distributed to those attending for sdubsequent distribution to individual associations which they represent.
All that being said, they probably aren't printed/published until maybe June'ish.

Offline Curious

• FAN REACTION: +36/-50
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 04:30:11 PM »
FYI. in year's past @our State's leadership conference, in June, I believe, they distributed to those attending for sdubsequent distribution to individual associations which they represent.
All that being said, they probably aren't printed/published until maybe June'ish.

Since our State Association provides rule and case books only every other year, we won't get one in 2012; so I ordered them from the NFHS office.  I was told they will not be available until JUNE.

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »
Every other year? ???

How cheap can they get?  :sTiR:

Penny-wise...pound foolish!  ^flag
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi

Offline Tom.OH

• FAN REACTION: +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 11:37:36 AM »
Since our State Association provides rule and case books only every other year, we won't get one in 2012; so I ordered them from the NFHS office.  I was told they will not be available until JUNE.

Does your state at least get copies for new officials or are they on thier own?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's to dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Offline Curious

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »
Every other year? ???

How cheap can they get?  :sTiR:

Penny-wise...pound foolish!  ^flag

You don't know the half of it! :'(

Offline Curious

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 07:17:48 PM »
Does your state at least get copies for new officials or are they on thier own?

New officials do receive "new" rule/case books, a mechanics manual, and an Officials' Handbook.  However, since most of these "tools" are not available until June, there is little time for new officials to digest much of anything.  They are expected to pass an open book test; but that is little more than a "formality". cRaZy  They're "encouraged" - but not required - to join an Officials' Association.  After that, they're on their own. pray:;