Author Topic: Double Change of Possession With RTP Penalty  (Read 474 times)

Offline fudilligas

• FAN REACTION: +12/-6
Double Change of Possession With RTP Penalty
« on: August 04, 2023, 01:45:02 PM »
First and 10 at team A’s 30 yardline. B1 is flagged for roughing the passer. B2 intercepts the pass, and on the return he fumbles. A3 recovers and is tackled at team A’s 35 yardline....reasoning also please...thanks

Because of the double change, from where would the penalty be enforced and when would the clock start...hot discussion topic in our board

Offline lawdog

• FAN REACTION: +3/-17
Re: Double Change of Possession With RTP Penalty
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 01:57:10 PM »
The clock is easy and shoudln't be a discussion point.  A-B-A = ready for play.

The new rules and penalty enforcement make no sense anymore so it could pretty much be anywhere, but I'm going from the previous spot unless I hear different on that play.  I don't think you can go from the end of the play like RTP usually does with the turnovers interceding.

Offline ncwingman

• FAN REACTION: +72/-13
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 02:07:49 PM »
The new rules don't affect this play. The penalty is enforced from the previous spot.

See the penalty given for 9-4-4, the "tack on" option is only available if there was no change of team possession during the down. 15 from the previous spot (and automatic first down) is the only option for enforcement.

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 04:11:17 PM »
1-10 A after 15 yard penalty at the A45 yl.  New enforcement procedures do not apply.  It shouldn't be that hot of a topic.

Take care not to go off into the weeds worrying over the cow patties.

Offline CalhounLJ

• FAN REACTION: +134/-1004
  • Without officials... it is only recess.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2023, 04:11:55 PM »
The new rules don't affect this play. The penalty is enforced from the previous spot.

See the penalty given for 9-4-4, the "tack on" option is only available if there was no change of team possession during the down. 15 from the previous spot (and automatic first down) is the only option for enforcement.
Correct. Also, A-B-A, ready for play so clock starts on the ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk