Author Topic: No try?  (Read 13220 times)

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
Re: No try?
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »
You have choices.  You can provide constructive comments to redirect the conversations if you wish. 

Online JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 01:17:50 PM »
There are many officials who are active on this board who have been the "victims" of the comments that you speak of, but I don't think any of the officials who have been commented on see it the way you do.  In fact many have joined in on the discussions.  I appreciate all the discussions that other officials have over any game I work.  Any level of nitpicking that an official has over me is encouraged.  Take my games and go through them with a fine tooth comb because only an official is qualified to do that.  There have been games that we nitpicked on here and then a similar situation happens in a national championship game and those guys get it right.  It really shows the benefit of this board when crew members of that championship game come back on here to thank the members for the nitpicking because it helped them get it right in their game.  

Offline Zebra27

• FAN REACTION: +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 01:23:41 PM »
You have choices.  You can provide constructive comments to redirect the conversations if you wish. 

I plan to Mike...I plan to. Count on it.

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 06:36:08 PM »
Well Mike, as I have perusing this board for the last few weeks of the playlets, what I have seen would be a stretch to be considered "constructive" and the tone of much of it goes so far as to be mean spirited. From a person new to this board, it looks as if some of you are combing over games just looking for something to publicly ridicule our fellow officials about. You seem like a guy that's been around given your post count but from a "newbie", it just seems like a few of you are just looking to complain.

I am in the newspaper biz. I go through newspapers, including my own, to find flaws. I have yet to find a perfect newspaper, or create one - but I'm getting better.
I go through games, looking for things to grow from. I have yet to find a perfect game. Or call one. But I'm getting better.

Offline Welpe

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 07:03:14 PM »
Well Mike, as I have perusing this board for the last few weeks of the playlets, what I have seen would be a stretch to be considered "constructive" and the tone of much of it goes so far as to be mean spirited. From a person new to this board, it looks as if some of you are combing over games just looking for something to publicly ridicule our fellow officials about. You seem like a guy that's been around given your post count but from a "newbie", it just seems like a few of you are just looking to complain.

You have got to be kidding me.  Personally, I have learned quite a bit from the videos that Mike, Matt Sumstine and others post on these forums.  Be it rules, philosophy or mechanics.  Film review is invaluable.  I would love to have film of me working "nitpicked" -  as you put it.

You get out what you put in.  Please, step up to the plate and begin sharing with us.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:24:40 PM by Welpe »

Offline TxJim

• FAN REACTION: +18/-21
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 07:03:25 PM »
I have yet to find a perfect game. Or call one. But I'm getting better.

I'm always reading, trying to improve, learn something new.  And as I do, I see how much more I have yet to learn.  That's what makes this board such a great resource.
Sportsmanship is contagious - Let's have an epidemic!