Author Topic: Not Just a River in Egypt  (Read 3966 times)

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
Not Just a River in Egypt
« on: November 24, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
Dude has a problem....It's called "denial"

Video:  http://nfl.cpl.delvenetworks.com/player/usatoday/carousel/embed_code.html?channelId=de89a8aeb3e422bac4eb48567f10ebd0&channelListId&mediaId=2841b1050269433e8e22d2a25d08efc2
His "version" of events:

DETROIT (AP) – Ndamukong Suh was on the ground, entangled with the Green Bay lineman who had blocked him down. As Suh got up, the Detroit All-Pro pinned Evan Dietrich-Smith's head against the turf, then was pushed off of him.

What happened next will only fuel the discussion about whether Suh's aggressive play too often crosses the line.

Suh stepped down hard with his right foot, appearing to make contact with Dietrich-Smith's right arm, and the Detroit star was ejected from the Lions' 27-15 loss to the unbeaten Packers on Thursday. As much as the Lions have accomplished this season, this was another Thanksgiving nightmare, full of injuries, turnovers and undisciplined play.
"I want to apologize to my teammates, my coaches and my true fans for allowing the refs to have an opportunity to take me out of this game," Suh said. "What I did was remove myself from the situation the best way I felt, with me being held down."

Suh apologized, but the powerful defensive tackle was quick to defend himself, saying he was trying to keep his balance while freeing himself from the brief scuffle.

"My intention was not to kick anybody, as I did not, removing myself," he said. "I was on top of a guy, being pulled down, and trying to get up off the ground — and why you see me pushing his helmet down, because I'm trying to remove myself from the situation, and as I'm getting up, I'm getting pushed, so I'm getting myself on balance."

Offline HLinNC

• FAN REACTION: +133/-24
Re: Not Just a River in Egypt
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 07:03:23 PM »
Complete and utter bullshmears.  All we've heard now for several weeks is "Is Suh a dirty player?'

The answer is YES.

And I'm not really a Packers fan.

Offline george7244

• FAN REACTION: +6/-14
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »
suspend him for the rest of the season along with his salary.  then send him to anger management

Offline Jackhammer

• FAN REACTION: +14/-5
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Suh you're a liar.  You can clearly see it was purposeful. You're only "balance" problem is in your head.
"The only whistle that kills a play is an inadvertent one"

"The only thing black and white in officiating is the uniform"

Offline GoodScout

• FAN REACTION: +9/-9
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 08:51:28 PM »
Either the NFL office steps in an sets an example in this case and with this habitual problem player, or it begins its slow descent into the thuggery that destroyed the NBA. Looking forward to seeing which choice the suits on Park Ave. make.

Offline bama_stripes

• FAN REACTION: +115/-27
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 07:33:40 AM »
No dog in this fight, but son & I both agreed that this is an EJ under any code.

Offline AlUpstateNY

• FAN REACTION: +341/-919
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »
Either the NFL office steps in an sets an example in this case and with this habitual problem player, or it begins its slow descent into the thuggery that destroyed the NBA. Looking forward to seeing which choice the suits on Park Ave. make.

Your observation seems right on target, and is a perfect example of paying too much attention to the "wrong wheel" just because it makes so much loud and annoying noise.  The TV announcers, so quick to mouth off from their high moral pulpits, would climb all over each other grabbing for a microphone to condemn the game officials, should this garbage be allowed to happen and the game explode into a riot.

Sadly, it's the same champions of selective adherence to the rules of the game, that promote the worst examples of violent excesses and encourage highlighting them on the very TV networks that flagrantly appeal to the lowest possible interests in their search for ratings, until it suits their interest to preach and lecture from their self constructed "high moral perches".

Aren't these the same media people who magnify and punctuate every stupid, inflamatory trash talk they can persuade every, really dopey, player to uter in their effort to raise the pre-game temperature to a very personal bioling point.

There is serious question about whether our society breeds too many lawyers, but there is no question at all that we have WAY, WAY TOO MANY "Sports Reporters".

Offline Rulesman

• Past Keeper of the Keys
  • Refstripes Hero
  • FAN REACTION: +65535/-2
  • Live like tomorrow never comes.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
...but there is no question at all that we have WAY, WAY TOO MANY "Sports Reporters".
...better known as "common taters."  ;D
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good."
- Vince Lombardi