Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Texas Topics / Re: PROP Approved Rules changes - now we wait for the UIL
« Last post by ElvisLives on April 24, 2024, 08:19:09 PM »
What uniform rule? They’re going to take the rule denied by PROP and adopt it anyway?

I second that question: What uniform rule (change)? There aren’t any, unless the UIL unilaterally chooses to adopt something. If they do, then I say that we hit ‘em hard in week 1, so they either show they mean it and gives 100% support, or decide they don’t really mean it, and then WE just go back to what we have been doing, which is nothing.
« Last post by Zebra Watcher on April 24, 2024, 08:17:30 PM »
We all have heard the TASO Football Officers push for us to try to police the uniform situation since 2018. Hopefully by now, the coaches are tired of this mess and will allow us to enforce the rules since the oked this uniform policy.
National Federation Discussion / Re: Arm Sleeves
« Last post by GA Umpire on April 24, 2024, 08:02:03 PM »
I've been intown (on the rules committee) since 1993 and couldn't find when this was born from my records. It may be dated back to the Knute Rockne era  :o.
I have a Rules Book from 1974 and the stripes were illegal then.    1-5-3g
The rule was not shaded, so the rule was enacted before that year.
« Last post by Legacy Zebra on April 24, 2024, 07:29:11 PM »
Last year they wrote their own rule regarding defensive linemen on field goal attempts that was not even a blip on the NCAA radar. It’s not quite the same, but it’s the only time I remember them going off on their own in the almost 15 years I’ve been doing this.
« Last post by dammitbobby on April 24, 2024, 06:36:32 PM »
..has that ever been done before? (adopting something PROP committee denied?)

Even if they do, it doesn't change anything really - officials still won't enforce it.
« Last post by Ralph Damren on April 24, 2024, 01:38:29 PM »
The Federation may have to meet in an emergency session to prohibit transverse stripes on gloves as I seen nothing to prohibit this!

1-5-3c(1) : "Ball colored helmets,jerseys,patches,exterior arm covers/pads, undershirts or GLOVES."  IMHO, this could apply and woulsd save the need for an emergency meeting.  tiphat:
« Last post by Ralph Damren on April 24, 2024, 01:27:58 PM »
I can't tell when it was enacted, but I believe it was to prevent sleeves from simulating the stripes on the ball for the same reason the uniform can't be ball colored.

I've been intown (on the rules committee) since 1993 and couldn't find when this was born from my records. It may be dated back to the Knute Rockne era  :o.
« Last post by sczeebra on April 24, 2024, 01:00:58 PM »
The Federation may have to meet in an emergency session to prohibit transverse stripes on gloves as I seen nothing to prohibit this!
« Last post by Legacy Zebra on April 24, 2024, 12:55:26 PM »
What uniform rule? They’re going to take the rule denied by PROP and adopt it anyway?
« Last post by Zebra Watcher on April 24, 2024, 12:31:23 PM »
I am hearing talk on the plains about the UIL Rules Committee Acceptance of Proposed Rule Changes as follows:

"The two-minute timeout was discussed but the UIL's football rules committee decided that we will continue to use our current clock rules as they pertain to stopping & starting the clock under two minutes of each half. No two-minute timeouts."

"The uniform rule & horse collar rule WILL both be applicable to UIL games going forward."

-Direct Quote from a Head Coach
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10