Author Topic: IFL  (Read 6909 times)

RMAC Deep Guy

IFL
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »
For all of those out there that are working in the Indoor Football League this season, I wanted to open up a thread for us to communicate and discuss situations that come up through the course of the 2011 IFL Season. 

Good luck to all of you and I look forward to hearing the stories that only the IFL can create!

Lux

rickref

Re: IFL
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:56:52 AM »
There always are to! Thanks Lux. I have gotten to knock some rust off with a pre-season game. It was good to work plus I got to work a mix of positions. No matter the year it seems to me getting all the touchback/spots on scrimmage and free kicks straight is a pain.

jjseikel

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 03:24:43 PM »
I am assigned to the crew in OKC and will be charting fouls as well as noting any areas of concern for them.

Last week during the pre-game walk-around, the Back judge and I discussed the FG mechanics. We brought this to the crew discussion in the locker room. The mechanics seemed somewhat vague other than if the kick was inside the 25 the R would rule and outside the 25 the B would rule.
We got into specific mechanics of the B for the attempt when it was his jurisdiction and agreed on coverage.

...Yep, you guessed it. We had an attempt from outside the 25, the B covered the kick as we had discussed and it went well. On his way to the other end of the field, he glanced at me and mouthed "How was it?" I simply gave him a thumbs up and smiled while nodding.
 Happens every time. If you talk about it, it'll happen.

BTW: Two weeks ago, we noted a gal on the front row displaying an enormous amount of beautiful cleavage. Sure enough at the 9:56 mark of the 3rd quarter the H had an opportunity to look directly at this scenery. I jokingly mentioned it to the league evaluator who was sitting next to me and at the post-game discussion, he pointed it out to the crew. Everyone got a kick out of this and were envious of the H.
 We will enjoy ourselves and have fun or we'll go do something else.

rickref

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »
We default on all kicks to have R get the kick and H to protect kicker. It just works out better for us since we have over hang issues and posts are actually set back from the end zone wall and hard for B to look up and backwards.

jjseikel

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:34:31 PM »
I will be working the H position this Saturday in OKC. The home team (Bricktown Brawlers) is not very good and have had some lopsided games this season. We'll see how it goes and whether the coach can stay where he belongs.

rickref

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 07:19:50 AM »
I will be working the H position this Saturday in OKC. The home team (Bricktown Brawlers) is not very good and have had some lopsided games this season. We'll see how it goes and whether the coach can stay where he belongs.

I am not sure when the big shake up was. They only managed 10 yards here last night in total offense. The new guys did what they could but it was too much for them.

Offline Atlanta Blue

• FAN REACTION: +160/-71
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »
I am not sure when the big shake up was. They only managed 10 yards here last night in total offense. The new guys did what they could but it was too much for them.

10 yards?  When I worked in the Arena League, teams would often have 400 yards of offense, and final scores weere in the neighborhood of 51-49.  Defense was impossible with all of the quick throws.  The leading rusher might only have only 10 yards, but the QB was 65 for 75 for 400 yards.

EDITED BECAUSE A CUT AND PASTE WENT BAD. SORRY!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 12:31:45 PM by Atlanta Blue »

jjseikel

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
10 yards?  When I worked in the Arena League, teams would often have 400 yards of offense, and final scores we 10 yards, but the QB had 400ere in the neighborhood of 51-49.  Defense was impossible with all of the quick throws.  The leading rusher might only have only 10 yards, but the QBwas 65 for 75 for 400 yards.

Don't confuse or compare Arena or even af2 with IFL. The af2 team that had been here was much better and more explosive than the IFL teams. The OKC team is at the lower end of the spectrum in the IFL.