Author Topic: BBW in Texas-OSU  (Read 3397 times)

Offline copedaddy

• FAN REACTION: +6/-6
BBW in Texas-OSU
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:04:42 PM »
Anyone catch the BBW in the 2nd quarter of the game? Was that a tackle they called that on??

Offline mishatx

• FAN REACTION: +28/-11
  • Free Agent
Re: BBW in Texas-OSU
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »
It was. He went about three yards upfield and then blocked back toward his goal line.

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
#51--LT inside the box at the snap...went 3-4 yards downfield and turned inside to cut a LB.  They flagged it and enforced it.  I'm pretty sure that I read a paragraph in the RR memo that says #50-79 in the box are unrestricted throughout the entire down.  They may have been split wide enough to put him outside the box.  Seems unlikely tho.  This crew did a good job but they had replay issues.  The TD that OSU scored early should have been called a TD on the field...the F and S were sitting on the pylon and the B made the incorrect incomplete call.  The squibb kick hit the OSU players hand and the ball's spin clearly changes at the point when it passes the hand...Replay didn't think so, and they gave it to them at the 35 instead of the 18.  And then the final UT td was ugly.  The L crashed and was outside the GL...body language said he didn't think the made it, but then he went into the pile and came out with TD...but the kid who had the ball was wearing OSU orange.  I'm not sure how replay couldn't rule fumble...the helmet hits the ball pretty clearly before it gets to the GL.  U saw it but couldn't help.  That is a good crew...but in a game that tight on Fox Saturday Night...the microscope is finely tuned.  I'm sick of hearing about NFL replacement snide comments when mistakes are made.  The media set officiating back 30 years with all of the attacks on the NFL guys.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »
I'll get the video up later but the blocker blocked low back towards his goal line while beyond the LOS.  That is a foul whether you are restricted or unrestricted.

Offline Aussie-Zebra

• FAN REACTION: +8/-3
  • Australian Gridiron Officials Association
    • Gridironwest
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »
Looking forward to that one Mike - I'll repost that for out officials.
For every coach that thinks we got it wrong there's another that thinks we got it right.

Offline TXMike

• FAN REACTION: +229/-265
  • When you quit learning you quit living
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »

Offline JasonTX

• FAN REACTION: +112/-58
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »
ALL team A players are restricted from blocking below the waist at any angle toward their own goalline when the block is beyond the neutral zone.  ^flag

Offline blindref757

• FAN REACTION: +30/-17
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 01:32:55 PM »
I only saw it once and didn't see it from that angle...looks like a good call.

Offline copedaddy

• FAN REACTION: +6/-6
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »
Yep no doubt about that one. ^flag I didn't get to see that angle a good catch by the crew. But with 7 sets of eyes it should be. Not so easy on Friday night in Texas.