Author Topic: Poll on Crews wearing or not wearing black pants  (Read 13781 times)

Re: Poll on Crews wearing or not wearing black pants
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »
As a total aside, our province (up here in the not quite white north of Canada) voted to go with black pants for for all weather conditions, for all levels of ball up to college. The college officials will still have to wear white (blagh) unless it's inclement weather.

Offline Ump62

• FAN REACTION: +3/-0
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »
Thnaks Jason.
Are there any Chapters out there that have made a decision about this?

We don't have chapter assigned chain crews.  Schools provide their own.

And for arbitrator:  I was one of the die hard knicker fans.  Not sure what the weather is like there but up in these parts we just surpassed 42 straight days above 100 (most days are above 110).  All that with no measurable rain.  With that said, I tried both the knickers and the black pants to see which one was cooler.  By far it was the black pants.  The knickers felt drastically hotter.  The black pants let the air flow thru and I had to make sure I even had anything on.

Offline Joe Stack

• FAN REACTION: +33/-46
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 11:24:49 PM »
I'll back up Jason: the black pants are going to be marginally cooler due to the air flow. The "black is hotter" nonsense needs to end. Black absorbs more LIGHT, not necessarily more HEAT. Material and other factors are more important in temp feel.

In fact, I wear a bandana product called a Buff. They've got a UV (protection) black one that I will probably wear at some scrimmages under my hat. I want to weat it down to keep cool. I wear other dark colors on my morning run and they work great.