Author Topic: Had a First Last Friday night  (Read 2169 times)

Offline BIG DON

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +43/-10
Had a First Last Friday night
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:24 PM »
After 15 year of officiating had a first happen during the  warm ups. The Officials had their locker room broken into. ( Now Rulesman don't have a Heart attack)  The Home Team Kicker was warming up and kicking field goals when one of the kicked balls went over the net and thru the window of our dressing room. Over the years I have learned to store my valuables in my car,  but at halftime it did make for a interesting meeting since they sprayed for mosquitoes before the game it drove them into our locker room.   
do or do not there is no try

Offline Ralph Damren

• FAN REACTION: +865/-28
  • SEE IT-THINK IT-CALL IT
Re: Had a First Last Friday night
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 01:20:31 PM »
'Spect we need not worry much up here in Maine... 'Skeeters are all gone by Labor Day, Most kickers have a hard job breaking the plane of the end line, let alone the plane of glass in the locker room. The only nets we know of are those in lobster traps. Your experience makes a good case for putting officials into a windowless room,though  :)!

Offline BIG DON

• Administrator
  • FAN REACTION: +43/-10
Re: Had a First Last Friday night
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
I have Dressed any where from the Parking lot, to a lawnmower shed to a classroom.  We have had sizes from really large rooms to you have to go out side to change your mind.  This was a Surprise to see this school kicker kicking this well.  Ironically on his first PAT it was Wide Right.
do or do not there is no try